FBO´s idea

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

josephk
Rampie

FBO´s idea

Post by josephk » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:43 am

Hello,

I was wondering the posibility that we can build or buy FBO´s in the airports, of course limited may be 1 or 2 per airport, it will depend on the airport size.

In which you can manage several things such as fuel price AVGAS and JETA1 like the real life, may be slots or doors at the airport that can generate money with these services depending on how much people fly to those airports and if they decide to use the service of your FBO.

I think we can create a healthy competition between airlines to basically control the FBO of your home airport or of your favorites airports.

Also i was thinking about that idea of hiring automated pilots, is that still possible?

Hope to hear what you think!

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: FBO´s idea

Post by joefremont » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:46 pm

I had sort of envisioned the current 'Airport Centers'' as FBO's, currently they can provide repair services and have warehouse space to store packages. I had envisioned adding fuel storage to them at some point, but it was more a way to store fuel on aircraft for later use, I had not really considered the idea of them selling fuel. I though of it as a way where at remote airport where fuel was not really available VA's could fly in fuel for later use.

But FBO's provide lots of other services like parking, according to wikipedia the types of services can include:

Sale of aviation fuel – piston aircraft fuel (avgas) and/or turbine aircraft fuel (Jet-A or Jet A-1)
Line services for general aviation aircraft
Air taxi and air charter operations
Scheduled or nonscheduled air carrier services and support services
Pilot training
Aircraft rental and sightseeing
Aircraft sales and service
Aircraft storage (tie-down or hangar)
Repair and Aircraft maintenance.
Sale of aircraft parts
Aerial photography
Crop dusting and aerial applications
Aerial advertising and Aerial survey

One thing I would not consider is limiting the number at an airport, I have always resisted ideas that allow airlines to control an airport or corner the market at an airport.

What does everyone else think.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.