Crew on board

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Yury_EEA_Flyer
Ticket Agent

Crew on board

Post by Yury_EEA_Flyer » Mon May 25, 2020 3:23 pm

Hi everyone!
Our VA tried to use new FSA function "Crew". Our pilots flew together, but i'm as a CEO didnt understand, what good it does? Does this add to the rating or flight hours of pilots? And after flight the flight record was named as "Влад Волохов ". Is it normal? Will Joe fix this? Thanks for answers...

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Crew on board

Post by joefremont » Mon May 25, 2020 4:07 pm

it should add to the pilots hours, they get to share in the flight revenue and the pilots are all moved to the destination all on a single aircraft movement. Its really intended for pilots who want to fly multiplayer as members of the same crew can get recorded as one 'flight' and not creating multiple duplicate flights, which the system interprets as cheats.

Can you give a link to the flight(s) in question?
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Yury_EEA_Flyer
Ticket Agent

Post by Yury_EEA_Flyer » Tue May 26, 2020 8:16 am

joefremont wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 4:07 pm
it should add to the pilots hours, they get to share in the flight revenue and the pilots are all moved to the destination all on a single aircraft movement. Its really intended for pilots who want to fly multiplayer as members of the same crew can get recorded as one 'flight' and not creating multiple duplicate flights, which the system interprets as cheats.

Can you give a link to the flight(s) in question?
https://www.fsairlines.net/crewcenter/i ... 0&p=104556
as an example. The name of pilot is very strange=) Thanks for your answer.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue May 26, 2020 3:19 pm

Thanks for that, the problem seams to be the changes in the new client rather than anything co-pilot related as all his flights with client 2.4 have that problem.

joseramonpuga
Ticket Agent

Post by joseramonpuga » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:22 am

My comment does not have so much to do with the option discussed in the previous "crew on board" posts, but I take advantage of this posts to comment on the calculation of the weight of the crew in the flight plan generated by FSAirlines (FSA) when booking a flight. The DOW of the plane does not consider the weight of the crew, and FSA loads passengers, their suitcases, cargo and packages, but does not consider the weight of the pilots and other crew assistants. To equalize the weight of the plane in FSX to that of the FSAirlines plan I have to set pilots = 0 lb in order to load the correct quantity of weight in the cabin and in the cargo compartments.
Although in the changes of version 2.4.0 you say that it already includes it, I think that is not the case, or am I missing something?
Thank you

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:17 am

We use the term "Dry Operating Weight" which is normally defined as

DOW = Dry Operating Weight. Operational empty weight. Basic weight plus operational items such as crew and pantry (equipment, food, beverages).

With the 2.4 client we started including the cabin crew as part of the payload, but flight crew is still part of the DOW. The reason, the flight crew weight is pretty much constant, if you have the maximum seats installed or zero seats installed, the flight crew says the same, but the cabin crew changes based on the number of seats and/or passengers.