Weighting of Baggages and pax

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Pilot Robbie
Ticket Agent

Weighting of Baggages and pax

Post by Pilot Robbie » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:47 pm

Hello, making a fast calculation, I realized that every pax weight is 77kg, and till here everything is fine, but what i cannot get is why every pax has to bring 25kg of luggage each, and it make a bit unreal, also for us as we are always limited by the ZFW, would be nice to down grade this to 10kg per pax top make even more realistic, or just making a random generator of ZFW

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Weighting of Baggages and pax

Post by joefremont » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:33 pm

I am sure that the baggage is offset by the fact that most people today weigh more than 77kg (169lb). Right now everyone is on an even playing field, if we reduced the baggage volumen we would have to reduce the revenue in proportion.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Pilot Robbie
Ticket Agent

Post by Pilot Robbie » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:21 pm

What about a ZFW random generator as we have always our aircraf full, and our prices are standard x 2 x 1.3 ?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:29 pm

The airlines don't know who is going to show up and don't weigh everyone as they get on the aircraft so they have to set aside enough capacity to hold everyone. The 102 kg per passenger are baked in many of the basic formulas that run the site, I am reluctant to mess with them much.

If we were to do anything it would be to add a 'basic economy' class seat, 10% more seats for half the revenue, don't think many would like that.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.