Outbound packages

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

zeke78
Ticket Agent

Outbound packages

Post by zeke78 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:30 pm

Hi all,

First of all I hope you and your close ones are all staying safe.

Just a suggestion, don't know if this has been discussed before. The same way one can deliver packages within 50nm of the destination airport, have you ever considered doing the opposite as well? Collecting packages from airports within 50nm. Guess the concept makes sense. I'll give you a few of my reasons. In real life, a lot of the cargo airlines use secondary and tertiary airports for cargo. Several reasons for that...night curfews and noise problems, lower fees, less congestion, usually industrial areas are also away from the populated areas. On FS Airlines, lots of these airports have none, or very few, packages available opposite to real life. A more sim related tech reason would be sim performance. I'd love to fly to EGLL or KJFK...but most sims just suffer with performance on those airports...at least until v5 (there's huge performance improvements with v5, at least on my system, some have had really big issues with vram). The problem with v5 is the weather...there seems to be a weather injection problem, specifically with wind, both low and high altitude. I've been beta testing the PMDG 747 but it's no fun to fly without real weather...

Anyway, it would be nice to see what you think and if it's doable.

Rgds

Tiago

Queenofsky747
Ticket Agent

Re: Outbound packages

Post by Queenofsky747 » Fri May 29, 2020 10:18 pm

Hello

I agree with Tiago!
Kind Regards

Stephan Ricci
CEO Swissair Virtual Airline
https://www.swissair-va.ch/

Yury_EEA_Flyer
Ticket Agent

Post by Yury_EEA_Flyer » Sat May 30, 2020 10:41 am

It-s a good idea to direct only cities in package orders!

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat May 30, 2020 3:43 pm

The problem with picking up packages before the flight is that the flight has not happened yet so if the flight never happens how do you charge the airline. But it may be worth considering next time I make revisions to packages.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

zeke78
Ticket Agent

Post by zeke78 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:16 pm

Well Joe isn't that what happens with any package if the flight isn't flown? I guess the concept would be the same if a package is flown or not regardless if it's picked up at that airport. Yes, you could think of a stricter time frame and/or fee, specifically for packages picked up at a diff airports.

Rgds

Tiago

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:27 pm

zeke78 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:16 pm
Well Joe isn't that what happens with any package if the flight isn't flown? I guess the concept would be the same if a package is flown or not regardless if it's picked up at that airport. Yes, you could think of a stricter time frame and/or fee, specifically for packages picked up at a diff airports.

Rgds

Tiago
This is true.I suppose I have an unreasonable fear of VA's hoarding packages. But I have been thinking along the lines of my other Cargo/Package payment update ideas is that when picking up a package a VA should have only 48 hours (24 hours for priority) to get the package moving or they have to pay a 5-10% penalty and it goes back into the available packages, . We might be able to do something when I get around to that, but no promises.

bbugday
Ticket Agent

Post by bbugday » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:12 am

This is nice idea.
I have been thinking about posting this on the forum.
In the case of LTFM for example which is the new airport in Istanbul there is very little outbound packages. Sometimes I dont even get any.
Taking into consideration that the majority of the cargo flights is still operated out of LTBA and LTFJ this seems logical but the oppurtunity to also pick up packages from a 50nm radius of our departure airport would be a nice addition. The money earned from the cargo that is picked up from other aiports in the radius can result in a slight less revenue than normal as it would require to be transported by truck to that airport :D

I hope that this is implemented in the near future.

Best Regards,
Burak Bugday

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:52 pm

Well in the case of LTFM since it was manually entered and did not come from one of the sims, its size was not set so it was still 'private/military' which does not get the larger packages, but it does have a lot of 40kg packages. I just changed the size to 'International' so it should start getting more.

zeke78
Ticket Agent

Post by zeke78 » Fri May 28, 2021 3:23 pm

joefremont wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:27 pm
This is true.I suppose I have an unreasonable fear of VA's hoarding packages. But I have been thinking along the lines of my other Cargo/Package payment update ideas is that when picking up a package a VA should have only 48 hours (24 hours for priority) to get the package moving or they have to pay a 5-10% penalty and it goes back into the available packages, . We might be able to do something when I get around to that, but no promises.
Hey Joe,

Any progress on any of these? I’d really love to see some possibility on the outbound packages :)

Rgds

Tiago