Boarded Pax

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

ASV001
Ticket Agent

Boarded Pax

Post by ASV001 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:23 pm

Hi all, is that possible to modify the pax number on board? Thanks and have a good day

Cat
Chief Pilot

Re: Boarded Pax

Post by Cat » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:58 pm

Yes if you have aircraft permissions you can adjust seating and/or limit passengers.

Go the aircraft page (click on the little i) on the aircraft line when you are in fleets.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:57 pm

You can also edit the route itself you can set a limit on the number of passengers, but like Sam's suggestion of using the seat configuration those have to be done before you book the flight, after if based on the number of passengers you aircraft is over weight there is a 'change' button next to number of passengers in the clients flight confirmation page where you can reduce number of passengers to be under the limit.

That makes me think, in the real world when a flight is overbooked and passengers are bumped from the flight they offer vouchers or other payments to those who have to give up there seats. In FSA if the flight is cancelled the passengers get compensation but if a few are bumped to get under MTOW they get nothing except a refund of there ticket price. Should they get some additional compensation say refund plus voucher for another flight. So if you originally had 100 pax at 100v$ per seat and you have to bump 5 of them you would only make 9000 instead of 9500 (95 * 100 - 5 * 100)?
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:45 pm

Would that bill out within the flight report or generate a misc expense bill?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:03 pm

If we do it I think it should be within the flight report, its directly tied to the flight so no need to account for it outside of that. Its not that different from when a pilot takes on too much fuel and has to reduce passengers because of that, the voucher expense essentially would just increase the reduction in ticket revenue.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

ASV001
Ticket Agent

Post by ASV001 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:54 am

Sorry, maybe I was not too clear, I mean if would be possible to change pax on board not on the config plane settings (this I already noticed and adjusted the seats configuration). What I mean is that: if I have, for example in Simbrief, only 137 pax booked on 150 seats plane, it's not possible to reduce the pax number on board inside the fsairlines client app, it appear the button CHANGE and symbols + and - but if click on, nothing happens. Any tricks please? It's a function still in development or it's just me that don't know how? Thank you, really appreciate it.

Serret
Ticket Agent

Post by Serret » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:24 pm

ASV001 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:54 am
Sorry, maybe I was not too clear, I mean if would be possible to change pax on board not on the config plane settings (this I already noticed and adjusted the seats configuration). What I mean is that: if I have, for example in Simbrief, only 137 pax booked on 150 seats plane, it's not possible to reduce the pax number on board inside the fsairlines client app, it appear the button CHANGE and symbols + and - but if click on, nothing happens. Any tricks please? It's a function still in development or it's just me that don't know how? Thank you, really appreciate it.
I would also like to know if it would be possible to reduce the number of passengers. Thanks