Feature request: rank based system to unlock icao regions

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

vin_KaiZen
Ticket Agent

Feature request: rank based system to unlock icao regions

Post by vin_KaiZen » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:03 pm

Hello Joe

I am the flight director in our VA and i wanna introduce a ranked system for the pilots depending in their flight hours.
Idea: With every new rank they would unlock available routes to new countys in the world.
Example: as beginner they would have a national rank which allows only national flights in Germany (all icao airports with beginning with ED??).
After 50 flight hours it unlocks netherlands region (airports EH??) and so on.

Atm this could be only done when i would create a rank & fleet for each country in the world.
When reaching the flight hours i will switch the pilot to the next rank and transfer his plane into its fleet manually.
But before all i have to edit all my 8k database flights.
Every flight into- and out- of the icao region (coutry) must be edited to be flyable only to its specific created fleet.
You see that is alot of work in the background.

I thought about of to automize & filter the bookable flight restrictions using a script in our homepage,
but once the pilot logging into the original fsairlines page he would see all flights as usual.

Is there the possibility create a new ranked based system where you can unlock icao regions after adjustable flighthours automatically?

Many thanks for your advance
Marvin

vin_KaiZen
Ticket Agent

Re: Feature request: rank based system to unlock icao regions

Post by vin_KaiZen » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:58 am

No one an opinion on this?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:58 pm

Sounds complicated.

Right now you can specify what fleets a pilot can fly by rank, and you can specify what routes an aircraft can fly by fleet, but we don't have what route a pilot can fly by rank and that is what it sounds like you would need to be able to do what your asking. That by itself may be possible, but would it fit your requirement?

The booking system is already a fairly complex system of overlapping restrictions and changing it always makes me nervous as its the first thing pilot complain about "why can't I book my flight?" if its not done right.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Tower
Ticket Agent

Post by Tower » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:37 am

In fact, its sounds weird. The standard rank system is having in mind the number of flown hours on an aircraft type. Currently, you can limit the ACFT type and the routes for a newbie trainee pilot, as we do. Additionally, you can restrict the routes that man can fly. Moreover, we have a little fleet, and a bunch of routes exclusively for applicants, in order to know his/her skills flying a plane.
In case everything goes well after 6 or 7 flights, when 15 hours are reached, we MANUALLY promote him to a following rank, with new planes and new routes. After 50 hours, following rank is got. And so on, along the 10 ranks we use.
By the way, it would be nice the option to promote a pilot automatically, based on the flown hours, at least on the five or six lower ranks.

Hope be helpful, sir. :wink:
Night navigation is so easy. Just try to maintain the plane centered between the red light on your left and the green one on your right.