Fsairlines - jobs mode

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

ChickenDipper
Ticket Agent

Fsairlines - jobs mode

Post by ChickenDipper » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:27 pm

Hi,

Have you ever thought to release a second version of fsairlines with player only pilots still but in this version remove the book a flight option and instead generate cargo and pax jobs at airports that need to be completed.
Similar to how FSE does, but with your much nicer looking interface and tracking features.

Also with it being harder to earn money, so planes aren't so easy to buy which would give people a goal to work for.
(It was very easy for me to buy multiple jets for example)

I know many people inculding myself who are looking for and would happily join fsairlines for these features.
Just a thought would love to hear what you think.

ChickenDipper
Ticket Agent

Re: Fsairlines - jobs mode

Post by ChickenDipper » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:46 pm

8)

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:17 pm

In my humble opinion, for what it is worth: FSAirlines should not be copying other formats' showcase features. Not only is it in poor taste but there would be proprietary copyright issues I'm sure.

The FSAirlines format is unique in that owner/operators have a wide variety of options regarding how they run their virtual airline, they are not limited to narrow specifics dictated by the format itself. If you want a multi-player gaming type format with minimal finances or a fully realistic hub operation using real world schedules and advanced finances broken down to each fleet, the only limits are your imagination.

Regarding income, if you want to make it harder, simply go to VA Settings and change your airline multiplier from the default "dynamic" to the standard 25x or go even further and use the 1x (experimental) setting where there is no multiplier and it will take you years to earn enough to afford a single 737. Just because you want to make things incredibly difficult finance wise does not mean everyone else does. Again, with the flexibility built into FSAirlines, each operator can tailor their VA settings for their own tastes and goals.

To compare each airline against one another in this format is like comparing apples to oranges. Each one may run their operation far differently than the next so the "biggest and best" or "top dog" in the statistics has to be taken with those facts in mind. This is not a one size fits all "video game" where the goal is to be the one with the top score. This is a wonderful community where we each can do our own thing and yet be connected with one another. I wouldn't have it any other way .... but like I opened with: this is just my opinion.

Happy Flying!

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:32 pm

Since you can always create a one person airline I never though it necessary for pilots to be able to do revenue flights outside of an airline, although the idea does come up from time to time. And I am sure I will be corrected if i'm wrong, but I don't think that if you are a pilot for an airline, they are going to look favorably about there pilots doing jobs for others, especially if they could be competing against them.

Essentially we already have half of the 'jobs' with the package system, creating a parallel 'charter' system could be done (and may do in the future). One thing that would annoy many of our current pilots was that if we did allow outside jobs, private planes would be subject to the same parking and maintenance fees/requirements as airlines would.

I have tried to keep airline assets and pilot assets separate, having this system would probably motivate even more pilots to commit fraud against there airlines by transferring airline assets to themselves. But ultimately we can't be all things to all people, I only have so much time to work on projects and think I will focus on making what I have the best I can rather than do too many things.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Serret
Ticket Agent

Post by Serret » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:57 pm

I fully agree with Cat, you should not copy other formats, in my opinion FSAirlines is excellent.
Good flights.