Fixed Salary for Pilots

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

ianonline
Ticket Agent

Fixed Salary for Pilots

Post by ianonline » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:44 am

So it seems my pilots formed a vUnion and demanded (jokingly) that they have a fixed salary on top of their salary per flight.
Their reasoning is that in real world it works this way, fixed salary + flight hours based incentive.

Just raising this idea since it will add more into the ECONOMICS in managing a Virtual Airline, i know many long time VA are swimming in a pool of cash by now, using their money for repair/maintenance, parking, and purchase of new air craft. Pilot salary should be one of this. Currently FSAirlines is adopting the no fly no pay policy (contract based),but it would be nice to see it as an option.

I also understand that the system is avoiding too much money transfer between VA and the pilots (coz i know everyone (esp me) wants to buy our own A319 private jet) so i'm also thinking to apply the same multiplier (but maybe a bit lower) so as to avoid abuse.
Ian Campomanes
CEO - Philippines Virtual Airlines Group

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Fixed Salary for Pilots

Post by joefremont » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:39 am

Well you can always do this manually using the 'tip pilot' feature from the pilots profile page, and yes the multiplier is applied when doing this. This is similar to a discussion we had about being able to set a fixed pay rate per flight, but that bogged down on how to calculate it based on rank, hours and ac type and eventually there was was not much demand for it (even the original requester decided it was a bad idea).

In this case there would probably have to be some sort of requirements beyond just being an active pilot for it to useful to others, but there would need to be some more demand before I could put this feature on the todo list.

what do others think?
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.