Issue Penalty to the Pilot

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

ianonline
Ticket Agent

Issue Penalty to the Pilot

Post by ianonline » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:15 pm

Hi all, i'd like to see an option where as a CEO i can penalize my pilots for various faults committed such as poor landing, crashing/damaging the aircraft, not returning the ac to the hub and others (and whatever other policy you have). Reading on previous posts here, some of you might disagree coz this can be subject to abuse by some rogue CEO.

But in my VA my pilots are okay with this since this has been our practice even before migrating here in FsAirlines, Paying for the mistake makes the responsibility very real. Responsibility is the main point why we fly in a VA, it gives us the feeling that someone is checking all our flights and that we can expect an email from the boss if we perform poorly, we dont get this if you just fly on your own.

To address the tendency of abuse, i'm proposing that when the CEO sends out a penalty, it will become more like a payment request and will have a textbox where we can write the detail of the case.

"Your CEO has requested v$5,000 to be deducted from your bank account. Below are the details of the request"

then the pilot will just have to click on Accept or Decline.

I hope to see this kind of feature implemented.

Thank you.
Ian Campomanes
CEO - Philippines Virtual Airlines Group

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Issue Penalty to the Pilot

Post by joefremont » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:00 am

We have had a couple discussions about this, usually the CEO wanted automatic payment by the pilot without the pilot having to accept it. But your suggestion where the pilot would have to accept is more 'acceptable'.

Based on your idea, if the pilot delines, what would happen?
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

ianonline
Ticket Agent

Post by ianonline » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:37 am

The reason why the pilot would decline is probably because the pilot don't know the policy of that said VA, Then i believe it's now a case where the CEO or anyone who was given the privilege to issue penalties will need to let the other party understand their policy.

Just like in real world (example traffic offense), the police don't usually go to the bank and withdraw money, instead the police sends a notice and ask the person to pay by himself.

so i believe if the pilot declines, then the request will be cancelled and the CEO will be notified, then it's up to ceo on what step he wants to do next, such as explain further the policy and or kick the pilot out of his va.

CEO > Issue A Penalty (XX Amount ) > Pilot receive a notice > if Accept = then deduct XX Amount > If Decline = Notify CEO

CEO to receive:
If Accepted:
"Penalty has been Paid"

If Declined
The Request for Payment has been declined by the pilot: (then maybe a text box to write a short note because most of the time pilot would want to explain or appeal)

Optional: To Auto Deduct after XX days (but not less than xx days) from receipt of notice if no response (accept/decline) is received from the pilot
Ian Campomanes

Tower
Ticket Agent

Post by Tower » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:23 am

In my opinion, the idea sounds great. The CEO should have the chance to send a fine notification to a bad pilot, asking for some virtual money as a penalty. Is should be more effective than a severe lecture, anyway.
Even more, every VA should have a sort of table of cash penalties, depending on the detected problem (it is not the same thing a "hard landing" than a "crash" or an "aircraft released and abandoned in a lost airport").

Regards,
Night navigation is so easy. Just try to maintain the plane centered between the red light on your left and the green one on your right.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:06 am

I think you can do that now with the "pilot donation to fleet" option.

Send a message via FSA message or your Discord to the pilot in question and the pilot would then have to "pay the fine" or be grounded.

very simple - "KIS" within FSA

All the complicated rules and penalties would be in each individual airline SOP leaving each airline total flexibility.

ianonline
Ticket Agent

Post by ianonline » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:46 am

Cat wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:06 am

Send a message via FSA message or your Discord to the pilot in question and the pilot would then have to "pay the fine" or be grounded.

All the complicated rules and penalties would be in each individual airline SOP leaving each airline total flexibility.
I have actually considered using the "Pilot Donation To Fleet" option and I was in the middle of sending a message to my pilot, but it did not sound right that's why i raised this idea, Asking to Pay via the DONATION button IMO does not have the same mental impact when you actually ask someone to pay for a penalty. Also, sending a penalty notification while telling the pilot to pay using the DONATION button would sound like someone asking for bribe money.

You are right when you said complicated rules and penalties will be up to each individual VA, but having a penalty system does not take out other airlines total flexibility, it's actually promoting flexibility whether you want to implement it or not.
Ian Campomanes

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:21 pm

Cat wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:06 am

Actually, this was one of the reasons I added the pilot donate feature and to be honest this idea could be done using it. Example, CEO grounds pilot and sends message that they have to donate X before they are reinstated. If pilot pays CEO ungrounds, if pilot does not, CEO kicks from airline.

For this new idea to be useful it would have to have some teeth behind it, say some options like the pilot is grounded until they reply and maybe even pilot is removed from airline if they refuse.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

ianonline
Ticket Agent

Post by ianonline » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:01 am

joefremont wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:21 pm

Actually, this was one of the reasons I added the pilot donate feature and to be honest this idea could be done using it. Example, CEO grounds pilot and sends message that they have to donate X before they are reinstated. If pilot pays CEO ungrounds, if pilot does not, CEO kicks from airline.

For this new idea to be useful it would have to have some teeth behind it, say some options like the pilot is grounded until they reply and maybe even pilot is removed from airline if they refuse.
Your idea of putting a teeth by grounding the pilot temporarily unless he gave a response should be good enough.
And if we are to use this existing system, maybe can rename the button as TRANSFER MONEY TO VA. Donation will no longer be the proper word.

The idea of having a dedicated penalty button is that the CEO will have to indicate the amount of the penalty and the pilot will just need to accept or decline.
Ian Campomanes

KVL01DF
Ticket Agent

Post by KVL01DF » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:19 pm

ianonline wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:01 am

Your idea of putting a teeth by grounding the pilot temporarily unless he gave a response should be good enough.
And if we are to use this existing system, maybe can rename the button as TRANSFER MONEY TO VA. Donation will no longer be the proper word.

The idea of having a dedicated penalty button is that the CEO will have to indicate the amount of the penalty and the pilot will just need to accept or decline.
Totally agree with you @iaononline.