Client 2.4 ideas

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Client 3.4 ideas

Post by joefremont » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:59 pm

I have just added the ability to limit cargo in an aircrafts seat configuration, currently its available for testing on beta.fsairlines.net, you will need to edit the configuration, book the flight and manage packages there for it to take effect, but once the cargo on a flight is set you can do everything else on the main site.
If there are no issues I will merge it into the main site in a few days.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Buschpilot
Ticket Agent

Post by Buschpilot » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:27 pm

Cat wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:42 pm
I'd still love to see a cargo adjustment tool in the client for pre-flight where we can set cargo as desired instead of only having the option to reduce to MTOW. something like CHANGE, click on it and get a box where we can type in the weight we want. Of course if we type in a weight smaller than total packages we have loaded that would be a problem and the system would have to reject it.
This is a very good idea!
joefremont wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:59 pm
I have just added the ability to limit cargo in an aircrafts seat configuration, currently its available for testing on beta.fsairlines.net, you will need to edit the configuration, book the flight and manage packages there for it to take effect, but once the cargo on a flight is set you can do everything else on the main site.
This is a bad solution in my eyes.
Because I always have to reconfigure the aircraft when the route and thus the fuel changes.
Best regards
Mike

Harvester
Ticket Agent

Post by Harvester » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:31 am

joefremont wrote:
Greetings Joe.
Tested with Cessna Caravan D-FIEZ yesterday. Nine business pax and 400 kg cargo limit.
I booked a flight from EDLP to EDHL and the weight of generic cargo in the briefing document corresponds to the 400kg limit.
Selected five packages, 40 kg each, and for some reason i had 600 kg cargo on the Fuel Up page of the client and in the briefing document as well.
Cheers,
Jörg

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:12 pm

Harvester wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:31 am
joefremont wrote:
Greetings Joe.
Tested with Cessna Caravan D-FIEZ yesterday. Nine business pax and 400 kg cargo limit.
I booked a flight from EDLP to EDHL and the weight of generic cargo in the briefing document corresponds to the 400kg limit.
Selected five packages, 40 kg each, and for some reason i had 600 kg cargo on the Fuel Up page of the client and in the briefing document as well.
Good spot, not sure it that's because the client is talking to the main website which has not been updated or I just missing something, but will verify that function works before deploying it.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:38 pm

joefremont wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:12 pm
Harvester wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:31 am
joefremont wrote:
Greetings Joe.
Good spot, not sure it that's because the client is talking to the main website which has not been updated or I just missing something, but will verify that function works before deploying it.
Found, fixed and tested, limiting cargo by aircraft is now released.

Harvester
Ticket Agent

Post by Harvester » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:55 am

Hmmm.
It's still a bit weird and does not work properly. I played with seats and cargo limits in the seat configuration.

EDIT There's no problem with generic cargo. If there is a limit of 400 kg you will get 400kg.
It looks like the baggage weight is eating the Limit cargo respectively package space.

I was a bit confused since the pax weight plus baggage weight is 102 kg, pax 82 kg and baggage 20 kg.
So i searched the forums and found some older posts in which the baggage weight was 25 kg when FSAirlines was released.
I hope i was on the right track.

C208 Caravan: 8 pax and 400 kg cargo limit.

C208 Caravan: 9 pax and 400 kg cargo limit

B744: 416 pax and 10 000 kg cargo limit.

B744: 367 pax and 10 000 kg cargo limit.

Cheers,
Jörg

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:54 pm

Joerg, thanks for that information. Not sure where you got 20kg of baggage per pax, its always been 25kg for baggage and 77kg for a passenger. If you do the math on each of the screens you gave the formula of cargo - pax * 25 = 'limit cargo' holds on each screen (except when it goes negative as in the 747)

I do see from your description that the 'Limit Cargo' label is confusing, its really the limit on packages you can carry. For packages the system reserves enough space in the cargo hold for the baggage of all the potential passengers the flight could carry. For generic cargo the actual amount you carry can be adjusted at flight time, so if you have fewer packages or passengers, the generic cargo can fill in the difference so we leave that at the empty aircraft max until flight time.

Up to this point I have not though about changing the passenger or baggage weights, its true that as a society people are getting heavier and airlines are charging more for baggage so its probably going down but for now I think I will leave it as is. So far there has not been demand for this, at one point a pilot was asking to be able to specify the weight of there passengers but I turned them down on the grounds that the passengers pick the airline not the other way around.

Harvester
Ticket Agent

Post by Harvester » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:18 pm

Joe, thank you very much for the clarification.
I believe the problem was on my end :lol: .
I'm sorry.
Seems to me that "Limit cargo" defines the entire cargo hold, means baggage weight and generic cargo (packages).
joefremont wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:54 pm
......Not sure where you got 20kg of baggage per pax, its always been 25kg for baggage and 77kg for a passenger. .....
I got it from the briefing document.
(Booked a flight for test purposes only, default configuration, no Limit cargo.)

Pax: 12,464/152= 82
Bags: 3040/152= 20
Cheers,
Jörg

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:25 am

I have been spending much of the weekend working on the client as 'the misses' was away. Working on a new 'Read Only' fueling method and a 'Deliver All' button to auto deliver packages if doing so was possible.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Client 2.4 ideas

Post by joefremont » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:04 am

At first I posted that this thread was for ideas to version 3.4, that was incorrect, I meant to say version 2.4, the title has been corrected to reflect that.

AdySmith
Flight Attendant

Re: Client 2.4 ideas

Post by AdySmith » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:42 am

Great that the client displays current fuel weight while flying, any chance that it can display current gross weight as well, a faster way of checking that one is below MLW for the approach?