Paxing Crew

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

thefatboyshow
Ticket Agent

Paxing Crew

Post by thefatboyshow » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:12 am

Has the idea of paxing crew been talked about?

So lets say i'm at klax and i need to get to NZAA to pick up a flight.

Joe has booked to do a 747 run from Klax to NZAA.

I then book a paxing ticket on that flight. and my pilot will not arrive at NZAA until joe has landed.

The perks of doing this would be a cheaper ticket ( or free) but it would take time for me to get there.

thoughts?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Paxing Crew

Post by joefremont » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:06 am

I am currently working on a co-pilot system where someone can take advantage of a jumpseat on it and ride for free, as long as the pilot approves.

Right now you can 'buy a ticket' in the site and you get to the destination for the cost of a standard plane ticket, but its instant. The question I have with your idea is would the members want to use it. Often it seems that we are very impatient and if our pilot is at KLAX and wants to fly from NZAA they want to fly now, not wait till tomorrow, sure we could make the 'tickets' more expensive, I just did that for aircraft transfers, instant costs 2x what the normal delayed rate would be.

But then I look at it from the standpoint of the developer, what do others think?
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Re: Paxing Crew

Post by Cat » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:56 am

All Platinum members "fly free" and instantly too on the buy ticket link.

I'm not a fan of "slowing down the game" making non member pilots have to wait when they buy tickets, they just want to fly. It's hard enough to get new hires into the flow without making them wait hours or longer to fly their first flight when they join a VA and then have to transfer to where an aircraft is located.

It would really not make much sense either for airlines that allow accelerated flight time to wait normal flight time to transfer to another location, then go fly at 16x speed.

There are a lot of interesting ideas like this one that can always be implemented within any given VA simply by making it a "house rule" within that Virtual Airline. Just put in your Standard Operating Procedures manual that a "time clock" goes into effect for all pilot transfers: distance (nm) / 400 (avg ground speed in knots) = hours the pilot in question must wait before he/she can "arrive" at the new location. So you transfer 800 nm you have to wait 2 hours.

Forcing other virtual airlines to be bound by such a restrictive rule can become very problematic.