Virtual Pilots

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

does advertising ever work

no
71%
yes
29%

Total votes: 14

cherrion

Virtual Pilots

Post by cherrion » Sun May 07, 2006 7:53 pm

One thing I think we can all agree on round here is that new pilots come as often as a bleeding rock. You could hire 'virtual' pilots to act just like normal ones, but the virtual pilots would be programmed to have random crashes and things like that. Very few airlines here have more than 5-6 pilots and I think something like this would be a real boost. So Konny is this possible.

Cherrion

pete999

Post by pete999 » Sun May 07, 2006 8:20 pm

i like that but i think that you should have to train them so they dnt crash!!!

Pete

Matthew
Captain

Post by Matthew » Sun May 07, 2006 8:52 pm

advertising certanly doesnt work on flyNET anyway

I should imagine it does if you do some external advertising!

ben_davies247

Post by ben_davies247 » Sun May 07, 2006 9:26 pm

I think thats a great Idea (as long as we pay them) But say a maximum of three, other wise we would gte carried away :wink:

cherrion

Post by cherrion » Mon May 08, 2006 8:05 am

As I said they would appear the same as normal pilots.

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Mon May 08, 2006 12:32 pm

This is an excellent idea. That way we - one man airlines - also have people to manage :p

And we give them some training, which costs money, but makes them better.

Except wouldn't the real pilots not join you if you have fake pilots?

cherrion

Post by cherrion » Mon May 08, 2006 12:53 pm

As I said they come up as real pilots. For people applying to an airline the virtual pilots would come up as normal pilots.

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Mon May 08, 2006 3:13 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....................... I take it you mean virtual pilots (AI) as it were? I think there is possibly software out there that sort of does something like that in an arcade sort of way - Airline Manager or something, not sure. I personally do NOT like the idea. I think Konny has done an admirable job so far with this client/programme. I am not sure exactly, how long FlyNET has been up and running, but I for one have only just heard of it. The programme has a pretty good core and with some fine tuning with suggestions made, taken onboard, things will only get better. In the words from the the film 'Field of Dreams' there is the well known line "If you build it, they will come". Have patience, I am sure as more people join and word spreads, you will get more Virtual Pilots (real not AI) joining. I am lining up a right motley crew who will hopefully be joining ranks with me soon.

Keep Flynet pilots REAL virtual pilots will get my vote.

Rgds

Q

ben_davies247

Post by ben_davies247 » Mon May 08, 2006 3:56 pm

Guys, this is a really good Idea but your forgetting something, this would take an awful lot of programming! I think we need to calm the idea down a bit. Im with it 100% but I think i will take a while so lets keep the ideas calm :wink:

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Mon May 08, 2006 5:37 pm

The programming wouldn't be the problem, but it is not the aim of FlyNET to be a perfect Airline Simulator. Even though it looks like all the features in the last months where about the managing part, I plan to increase the Flying experience aswell. And I think in the end it should be about Flightsimming with all the rest as a nice add-on and not the other way round.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

SJDobby
Ticket Agent

Advertising

Post by SJDobby » Mon May 22, 2006 2:59 pm

I've only been "FlyNetting" for a week or two and am completely hooked, so well done to Konny etc for a good job well done so far. 8)

With regard to getting more v-pilots interested, the difficulty is where to advertise. On the one hand, adverts on Flynet's website is fine, but how many v-pilots will go to FlyNet unless they already know about it (or are told about it by word-of-mouth/email)? On the other hand, if you advertise at virtual-airline sites (where those airlines are not already FlyNet VAs), those VAs might think you are trying to tempt their pilots away from them.

So as I see it there are two main "marketing avenues":
1) Getting existing VAs to become FlyNet VAs, and encouraging them to promote FlyNet internally to their own pilots (that's kinda how I got into it with UKDirect).
2) Find sites that v-pilots go to en-masse and advertise there - prime examples would be avsim.com, flightsim.com, etc.

I personally like the idea of fewer airlines each with more pilots (rather than lots of airlines with 5 or so pilots), partly because this should lead to more aircraft/route availability to any particular pilot at any time.

Cheers
Simon