Full planes

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

CaptainPrecious
Ticket Agent

Full planes

Post by CaptainPrecious » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:03 pm

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind in general that even with fairly high ticket prices you always get the full amount of passengers for your aircraft.

But even the best airlines don't always sell every last seat on their flights, and also it would be nice to have another takeoff weight once in a while...

I know one can limit passengers or cargo, but it's not that I don't want a full plane. Just not ALL the time...

Is there anything you could do about that to have more diversity? :-)

Regards
David

VegasTim
Flight Attendant

Re: Full planes

Post by VegasTim » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:38 am

This is very tongue in cheek ....

Just crash a couple of times, your airline rating will plummet and you will struggle to fill airplanes :lol:

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:51 am

You can limit cargo / passengers in the flight route manager .... If that is what you like - diversity and not the ability to earn max income per flight, you can create the same flights with different flight numbers for the different loads and then just roll your dice to decide which one you have to take.

I would hate to see airlines that have been around for years no longer getting their full airplanes after all the hard work that has been done to assure that.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:52 am

I have thought about this issue, but ultimately I though it would be best that the number of passengers who want to fly on your aircraft, should not be linked to the size of the aircraft, but on the ticket price, airline reputation and the number passengers who have left or arrived at the airport. Its rare today that there are enough flights at any airport to completely drain the passenger pool but I do get complaints about pilots who what to fly 747's between small towns and don't get full flights. I do have one particular German pilot who wants to fly 747F's into small airports around the world and complains that his massive jet is less than half full.

I say increase your price higher, I think 2.5x is the cut off (before reputation adjustments) is the cut off for when passengers won't fly as you get closer to it you will start to have non full planes. Maybe I should adjust this formula so its not quite so linear, so at higher prices you will get some passengers but small numbers.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.