Booking Reservation Timeout Adjustment VA Option

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Captain K-Man
Ticket Agent

Booking Reservation Timeout Adjustment VA Option

Post by Captain K-Man » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:13 pm

Our VA is pretty new to the FSAirlines network but we've had a few pilots express a concern already about people reserving/booking flights hours in advanced, sometimes up to 20 or more. This locks out pilots from taking the plane when they can fly. Our pilots are from all over the world and have different flight schedules. Is there a way to make FSAirlines automatically unbook a flight after a certain time limit is reached? This will force pilots to fly the routes they are booking rather than sitting on the plane for 20+ hours which of course costs the airline money because someone else could be flying it right now. Is there a built in 24 hour timer already in place that unbooks the flight if its not flown for 24 hours?

Right now I posted a rule that all pilots need to fly their booked flight within 3 hours of booking but everyone is on the Honor system right now but the temptation to reserve a flight way in advance is still there. While most of my pilots will respect each other and obey the rule I put in place I have no way of knowing when a flight was booked to force an manual unbooking of a flight when someone violates the 3-hour rule.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Booking Reservation Timeout Adjustment VA Option

Post by joefremont » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:35 pm

We have a timer for un-booking a flight. It started at 24 hours but has been extended over time to 72 hours. Pilots start flights, pause them for long times, loose internet connections in the middle of very long flights and some times have to stop and restart a flight a day or two later after real world issues interfere with out virtual world, so the pressure up to this point has been to extend the timeout not reduce it. But making it a VA setting would probably not be too much work, I will add something to the todo list for this.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Captain K-Man
Ticket Agent

Re: Booking Reservation Timeout Adjustment VA Option

Post by Captain K-Man » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:20 pm

Makes sense. Thank you for considering the option still. Appreciate it. Sign of good customer support.