Moving Map & Chat

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

ChickenDipper
Ticket Agent

Moving Map & Chat

Post by ChickenDipper » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:47 pm

Hi,

Maybe a moving map and player chat box inside the client and/or the website could be added?
A map is obviously a good thing to have and a chat box would make for easier social/coms with other online pilots while flying.

JavierBedoya
Rampie

Re: Moving Map & Chat

Post by JavierBedoya » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:57 pm

hello guys.
Fsailines should work more on a better way to see eachother. The map can be better.... just a moving map is better.... like i wuld like to see other pilots carrers, by clicking on their names i would like to see how many hours they have, who they fly for.... not just the flight number and dep and arrv aiport... like when you see the brand of the company it would be nice to click on it and see all the info about that company, how many aiplanes they have, how many pilots, all that stuff....if we see eachother it gets more fun...like it is always fun to show to others what we have done all this time when flying in Fsailines....in the map you it would be nice to see where there are Aircraft Maintenance Services, and click on them to send your aiplane to get fixed...
javier bedoya

Tower
Ticket Agent

Post by Tower » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:42 am

Javier, you just need a signature under your comments, similar to mine, or any other in this forum. Otherwise, the manager have no idea who are you. :wink:

On the other hand, the idea of a real world map tracking all FSA flights, sounds great. Even more, it will be better with the chance of being embedded into a web page.
Night navigation is so easy. Just try to maintain the plane centered between the red light on your left and the green one on your right.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:03 pm

$$$$$$$

Who is willing to pay more for such features? Remember now most pilots fly free unlike just about every other online gaming platform where some fee is involved even at the entry level just to participate.

Google Maps has extortion prices as it is. Anytime you start adding 3rd party features, there is a fee involved I'm sure...... Open source programs might be a possiblity for the maps/tracker section if they could be integrated into the old code that runs FSAirlines. Remember too that Joe has done a fantastic job of keeping this site running, much like a mechanic who through the labor of love keeps his restored classic car in "show condition".

Regarding seeing each other and chatting, it is fairly easy to set up a Discord Chat Channel for your airline and invite others.

Regarding see other pilots, simply click their name and then go to Statistcs or Finances and you can see their entire FSAirlines career.
The Statistics section under the pilot name has a wide variety of items if you use the dropdown menu. The trick to finding a specific pilot is knowing what airline they fly for. Perhaps a directory of all pilots would be possible, listed alphabetically?

With other airlines, you can see everything about any airline just by selecting that airline in the dropdown menu and then using the tabs in that section.

If you use the Virtual Airlines tab on the home page of FSAirlines (before you enter the crew center) you can filter that list by country and when you click on any airline listed, if they have a website, it will show in that section.

Time for another video? I can show everyone how to look around our virtual world and see what others are doing. LOL It would be an easy and quick video to make.

WARNING: If you do look around like I have done in the past, you may find other virtual airlines with professional grade websites and operating procedures that will make you wonder why you bother ..... :shock: It can be quite humbling but also educational. Much like viewing someone's highly expensive sim rig, we know we could never have one like that but it's nice to look and maybe learn a few things we can apply to our own little operation.

Serret
Ticket Agent

Post by Serret » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:10 pm

Excellent words Cat :wink: