A couple of ideas...............

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

A couple of ideas...............

Post by Quantum » Thu May 04, 2006 10:23 pm

Buying tickets

If I want one of my pilots to fly from another airport, I would expect to pay the bill. If a pilot flies for a VA he is paid by his VA and they should pay for his tickets.

Virtual Pilot Academy

What can VA pilots spend thier money on ? Well they could pay for courses at a 'Virtual Pilot Academy'. With a VPA, a pilot could spend his hard earned cash to enhance or repair his % ranking. A v$ price could be set to 'train' him back. If a pilot 'enrols' he has a % added to his ranking over a set period. I would suggest a fee is paid to get 1% back at say 0.1% per day for 10 days. Exact figures would have to be decided. You could also restrict the time period between courses.

Promotions

There are no 'choices' here. As VA's grow, you may want to promote someone to 'Chief Pilot', F100 Fleet Captain, 747 Fleet Captain etc. You could have a drop down menu with with the titles you wish to give or have an 'open' field where you type the title in yourself. Once a title is 'given' then you could have a tick box menu to give access to certain functions that are currently only available to CEO. For example you may wish to delegate someone as a 'Route Manager' so they can edit the routes etc.

Rgds

Q

BigQ

Re: A couple of ideas...............

Post by BigQ » Fri May 05, 2006 12:39 am

Quantum wrote:Buying tickets
Yes, you suggested a similar system a couple of days ago. Remember though that Konny has school work to do :wink:

Quantum wrote:Virtual Pilot Academy
Excellent idea, was proposed a while ago... not sure but it may be on Konny's list of things to do 8)

Quantum wrote:Promotions
We have something similar... right now you can get flight director -- which has the same job as your route manager --, hub director (i forget the name) - this guy can work on the planes as well, and CEO...

Good ideas there, keep em' coming! And when Konny'll get 2 hours to himself, i know he'll look into this.

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Fri May 05, 2006 4:04 pm

Hi BigQ

Yes, I did post regarding tickets/dead-heading a couple of days ago. I realise that the dead-heading issue would take a while to sort if it was implemented. I just thought that with the current system of pilots having to buy tickets it would be a simple code instruction to deduct the cash from the VA finances and not the pilots personal finances.

Rgds

Q