some thought about more realistic

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: some thought about more realistic

Post by joefremont » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:34 pm

I have at times though about adding runway length requirements for aircraft going into/out of airports, we already collect runways from the airports themselves (exported from the sim) but collecting all the aircraft data would be a big job, even if you could find a reliable source for it.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:49 pm

I have been doing some work on the can't fly or can't sell if not maintained within 2/1 years, I have actually deployed the code I have been working on to beta.fsairlines.net where you can all take a look at it. Please feel free to test it.

I have not applied the maintenance requirements to private aircraft, I keep getting asked 'can I do paying jobs in my private aircraft' and if we go down that path then parking and maintenance requirements will apply to private aircraft, but for now I don't think its needed.

I have added extra maintenance logs for aircraft that have not been maintained in the last 6 months, the entries range from 6-25 months ago. If I had not done that only 48% of the ac in the system could fly, now 96% can fly. I did not want to get everyone mad at me all at once.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:01 am

Yeah, before we decided to go with our 1 year annual requirement program last year we were shocked at how many planes had not been serviced since purchase and some of them were 6 yrs old at the time!! We spent just over $64 million to get our fleet "compliant" with current 1 year annual inspections.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:15 pm

Has anyone tried the new code at beta.fsairlines.net? One thing I should note. On the fleet pages where you have that sortable table, if you sort by 'actions' you are actually sorting my last maintenance date, should help finding those aircraft that need service.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:28 pm

I've been on it, looks about the same to me .... took me awhile to find the 'actions' thingy you are talking about ... duh ... Fleets. We have aircraft logs for every aircraft from day of purchase so we know when it was last serviced just by our own paperwork .... Our CFO is a spreadsheet wizard and our main ledger updates automatically when data is entered into any aircraft log sheet.

I do understand not everyone (if anyone) else goes to such paperwork lengths for a virtual airline, but its what we do ..... 8)

Want to take a look? here is the link to our master ledger ....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:54 pm

Cat wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:28 pm
I've been on it, looks about the same to me .... took me awhile to find the 'actions' thingy you are talking about ... duh ... Fleets. We have aircraft logs for every aircraft from day of purchase so we know when it was last serviced just by our own paperwork .... Our CFO is a spreadsheet wizard and our main ledger updates automatically when data is entered into any aircraft log sheet.

I do understand not everyone (if anyone) else goes to such paperwork lengths for a virtual airline, but its what we do ..... 8)

Want to take a look? here is the link to our master ledger ....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Very impressive spreadsheets, good to see how well you all keep track of things.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:14 am

Yeah, it was our owner (Tim) original idea back in 2012. Then we got a guy who is really good with spreadsheets and using Google sheets and he linked them all up to a master ledger. It's pretty neat to look at any given aircraft and see it's history from day 1 with the airline. We track not only income flight by flight but landing rates and pilots who flew it. So just by looking at the aircraft log sheet during pre flight, one can tell at a glance how well or how badly that particular airplane has been treated (regarding landings). If you click on the registration number of each aircraft in the master ledger it will redirect you to the individual aircraft log sheet.

Now with the new Maintenance Centers up and running, we are tracking that operation as its own "division" within the company as well so we can see the actual profit/loss figures based solely on service costs/income. The "mothership" runs the Maintenance Centers from the Fly Vegas Holdings Fleet which is a "non flying fleet". Aircraft are turned in to that fleet and sold from there as well. The holding company also acts as the inter company bank and can loan individual fleets cash when needed. All fleets get service at 50% so the service company within Fly Vegas Holdings Fleet is showing a markup on all services performed to offset costs. As a Grand Opening, we are offering all airlines the same discount (50%).

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:21 pm

PARKING FEE'S - Kind of buried within this topic now .... We are now getting questions from our pilots how much to park where? Is there a table/chart of prices we can look at? If a plane is left for more than a week, does the rate go up, down or not change? We have to wait a month to see how much we are getting charged by FSA?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe we need a separate Parking Fee topic to handle this type of Q & A?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:36 am

I tried to keep it as simple as possible, and of course to keep the number of transactions down its only calculated at the end of the month.

Its based on 1000 kg of MLW per day.
Super Airports 8 v$
International 4 v$
Intercontinental 3 v$
Regional 2 v$
Municipal/private/military 1 v$
Storage 0.25 v$

Fleet base is reduced by 1/2 (unless its a storage airport)

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:42 pm

Thanks!

One more question: what determines the difference between SUPER, INTERNATIONAL, INTERCONTINENTAL, REGIONAL, MUNI airports?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:37 pm

We used a couple sources to get the airport size. The Openairports has an airport database you can download we used which has an airport size in it. we also used published lists of world's busiest airports to determine between super/international and intercontinental airports. But its not exact science. I suppose we may have to get more exact about it since now the parking fees are based on it.