Business Jet Seat Class Upgrades

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Cat
Chief Pilot

Business Jet Seat Class Upgrades

Post by Cat » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:59 am

Hi everyone,

I have been doing a lot of research with business jet operations as we expand our fleet to include Executive Jet Charter Services. The seating on most business jets seems to be economy with ticket factor of 2 or 3 applied.

To simplify the process and allow us to make the maximum revenue possible with business jets, I would suggest changing all biz jet seating to First Class and reduce the ticket factor.

This will require some research on operators' part to provide documentation for all biz jets involved showing the aircraft's executive cabin layout. Example: A Cessna Citation X rarely seats 12, it has 8 very comfy leather first class seats. This proposal would only cover PASSENGER SEATS, the co-pilot seat and/or a cabin attendant seat would not count in the seating layout.

Using the FSA formula of 12 economy tickets x ticket factor of 3, a Citation X @ 12 economy seats will generate $3600 total ticket revenue on a $100 ticket as the system is set up right now. ( 12 x $100 = $1200 x TF3 = $3600)

Using this new proposal, that same $100 economy ticket flight would net the airline $3200 (8 First X $400 each) before the ticket factor is applied.
Drop the ticket factor in half to 1.5 and the flight would now generate $4800 which would help operators make business jet operations more feasible. A ticket factor of 2 would increase the total ticket revenue to $6400.

A much simpler system for those who live and breathe the KIS (Keep It Simple) plan is to propose all current seats be changed from economy to business class and leave the ticket factor alone. This simple fix would generate twice the current revenue for biz jets (12 @ $200 = $2400 x 3 = $7200 gross ticket income). I'm not a fan of this simple fix but thought I would offer all options I can think of.
The 3rd option would be to leave it the hell alone - if it aint' broke don't fix it. :roll:

I don't know of any business jet that has "economy seating" :shock:

When it comes to executive business jet service - if you have to ask how much then you can't afford it, please call our Fly Vegas ticket counter or others for a commercial flight and they will be happy to sell you a "sardine class" ticket :lol:

Thoughts and comments welcome the floor is open

Cat
Chief Pilot

Re: Business Jet Seat Class Upgrades

Post by Cat » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:34 pm

:idea:

After sleeping on it I'm thinking why open this can of worms at all? Aircraft that consistently prove they cannot make a profit can be adjusted case by case through a support ticket.

There is really no need to create more work for Joe than needed, I'm sure he will testify he has plenty as it is.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:38 pm

I am not opposed to this idea, in many ways I like it. There are aircraft like the concorde, older airliners and some business jets that really are first class only or first and second class only and the number of seats are based on that. The coding involved to making it happen is not huge, but what is more time consuming is collecting the data.

I have also thought about trying to get the basic seat layouts for each aircraft and collecting the data is the hard part, examples would be
concord: First: 2x2
747: First: 2x2x2, Business:2x4x2, Economy: 3x4x4
Citation X: First 1x1, Business 1x1

Now this would only be useful for the seat map on the website but it would be nice to have the correct data, if the community could help collect it, that would make this possible.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:25 pm

CESSNA CITATION X

Direct from Textron/Cessna website

http://cessna.txtav.com/en/citation/x

optional couch: 9 seats
standard layout: 8 seats

YET RIGHT ON THEIR WEBSITE IT SAYS MAXIMUM PASSENGERS 12

so this may be a no win scenario - I don't see any layout with 12 seats, therefor if we continue to use MAX PAX in spec sheets, then I guess they should indeed be economy with a ticket factor. :roll: