Tecnical stop over (idea

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Matthew
Captain

Re: Tecnical stop over (idea

Post by Matthew » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:37 pm

This would also be a good idea for the ultra long haul flights that require fuel stops. I.e London to Sydney

Buschpilot
Ticket Agent

Post by Buschpilot » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:20 pm

Hello Nico...
It is not necessarily the same,
but you can stop by using the DIVERT-BUTTON.

Then you can refill fuel and repair the aircraft, even continue the flight at a later time (bad weather)
and... without giving up the flight schedule again.
Best regards
Mike

AdySmith
Flight Attendant

Post by AdySmith » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:54 pm

But it would be nice to be able to PLAN the tech stop, not do it as a diversion :)

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:58 pm

The topic has come up more than once, set a 'diversion' airport or airports on the flight and if you land at one of them it would automatically be considered a 'divert' without having to press the button. Is that what you're asking for or would you want to refuel and takeoff without restarting the flight in the client?

If the flight would automatically end then my biggest concern is how to make the data entry without making the website interface too complicated.

To be honest when I have done those kinds of flights I just broke the route into two different flights (London -> Gandor, Gandor -> New York), cause with the divert its already going to be recorded as two different flights.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Matthew
Captain

Post by Matthew » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:12 pm

I think, what would work! If when you add a route you have the DEP: airport ARR: airport

just an extra in the middle VIA:

So normal routes would be for eg.

DEP: EGGK
VIA:
ARR:LEAL

whereas the long haul would be

DEP: EGKK
VIA: OMDB
ARR:YSSY

But allowed to add more fuel on the via. (what might also work is a time limit your allowed at the VIA airport before getting a fine for not continuing the flight) Ideas

Does this make sense?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:32 pm

Yes, I can see that. We could even allow multiple space separated names (maybe 3 max) in the 'Via' entry.

Now just to be clear, if we were to do this, functionally they would be the same as the current 'divert', flight report for the first leg would say 'Technical Stopover' instead of 'Diverted Flight' but everything else would be the same.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Matthew
Captain

Post by Matthew » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:08 am

yes it would be divert in a way. but not a divert. I mean look at emirates they do this as normal. or qantas. EGLL - OMDB YSSY. But rather than it being a divert it would be planned. I myself do enjoy long flights. But i normally add two sectors. But to have it as one would be awesome

Matthew
Captain

Post by Matthew » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:24 pm

Wondering if this idea has any consideration, I just did (enthusiastically) a flight from Vienna to Buenos Aires on the A330.
I did make it, but i saved fuel by decending early at a low rate to cut engine power to eventually shutting the no1 engine off completly. I got a complete fuel loss about 4nm from touch down so was able to land.

But hence to say, even that flight needed a fuel stop