Teamspeak Server

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Teamspeak Server

Post by cmdrnmartin » Mon May 01, 2006 5:03 am

We had a fun time at an airport today,

Ben was directing flights as Big Q and myself were doing circuits.

Now, this is where the question comes in:

Can anyone host a permanent teamspeak server?

www.goteamspeak.com is where you can find details about the system. Imboden had one running last night and I will tell you it is amazing. However he cant have it up permanently, so we need someone with either : extra computers, or an always on computer, to host the teamspeak server.

Any replies or offers are appreciated.

UKD192

Post by UKD192 » Mon May 01, 2006 12:17 pm

Hi Justin,

Are you trying to create a FlyNET version of VATSIM, IVAO, FPI, GLOBAL ? Their FSD and Voice servers are on 24/7, some have their own extra voice channels apart from the normal ATC ( to cater for Chat and Training). Would it not be easier to :-
- Bring up your TS server only when you have an event.
- Fly on one of the networks mentioned above (you would then have to comply with their regulations though)
- If the actual Airport is not too problematical ,use one of the networks above at some out of the way location that was not attracting traffic.

I wish I could help but unfortunately my Line, not to mention the PC is somewhat flakey :?

Best of luck.

Rob

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Mon May 01, 2006 12:33 pm

Another possibility would be to just create a channel on a free TS server like teamspeak.org
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Mon May 01, 2006 12:54 pm

I've had some success at running my own server, but Im still testing it.

I can host it for some events, and almost semi-permanently, on a good machine, but sometimes it will get turned off and restarted.

From what I know, John Braz has his TS server up, although I do not know the ip nor do I know how well his server is functioning.

Konny, I will look into that.