x100 Multiplier still a bit easy !

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

UKD192

x100 Multiplier still a bit easy !

Post by UKD192 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:54 pm

I suppose, this could be titled - a bit of feedback for Konny - but its for everyone.

For the past 10 days we have been running our VA on the x100 multiplier. However its still very easy to make money so maybe x50 or x20 could be used.
Being just a 'bit' more difficult, proved to be a lot more fun and much more interesting than we thought it would be. Makes flying more fun and adds that - 'Challenge' - factor

- It puts pressure on the pilots.
- Don't crash the aircraft ! At current rates it could take many months to replace an aircraft financially and maybe longer given the reputation factor !
- Don't damage the aircraft. It could do one of two things.
. . . .1 - turn a monthly profit into loss with the high cost of repair.
. . . .2 - actually ground the aircraft and close the route for a specific time if the VA does not have the funds to repair or replace the aircraft straight away.
- Plan your fuel carefully.

- It puts pressure on the Management team.
- It makes the management team interact with their pilots. Get feedback from your pilots on which aircraft models are best to fly on which routes.
- Training - Have pilots do a couple of training flights if they are not confident.
- Use the FlyNET forum to keep your pilots up to date with your ideas and get their feedback.
- Which Aircraft are the most profitable? Sit down and work out the fuel figures for the passenger ratio.
- Which Routes are the most profitable ? Are you loosing PAX to another VA ? Adjust pricing / go for a price war ! Is your a/c too big / too small for the route. ? Pull out of the route ?
- Go for more strategic partnerships !

I'm sure there are more ideas out there . . . somewhere . . . .
Cheers now

Rob
http://www.ukdirectva.co.uk./

JJacobs

Post by JJacobs » Mon May 01, 2006 4:30 am

Let me add you have 10 pilots, I have 3 and only I have flown. Please take that into consideration

UKD192

Post by UKD192 » Mon May 01, 2006 11:59 am

Hi Jerry,

Yeah - you have DOUBLE the pressure :P
I hope when everything settles down in the long term, there will be market slots for everyone, even one Man VA's ! (Not that your's is).
I'm sure using mulipliers and taxes we can have a place where the small VA will be able to compete with the Large VA's.

Cheers now
Rob