Client tries to reconnect for 10 minutes, not 2.

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

BigQ

Client tries to reconnect for 10 minutes, not 2.

Post by BigQ » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:49 am

Hey Konny...

Was flying today, as well as 4 others... and the server went down at about 10:25PM GMT, and we all lost our flights... and there was about 3 minutes between when the client stopped working, and when the server went back online. At least, that's the impression i have.

So I was just wondering if you could make the period in which the client tries to reconnect longer, so that things like these don't happen... i was about to start my descent... :?

Thanks!

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:50 am

Well, the client actually tries to reconnect every 10 seconds as long it is running. And if it can't connect to the database at the end of the flight it creates a .out file with the complete flight report. So no flights are lost just because of the server being down. What exactly were the problems ?
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:00 am

all i know is that the server went down, and about 2 minutes later the client crashed...

i use 5.8 with no AC

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:08 am

Any error messages ?
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

Mark UKD171

Post by Mark UKD171 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:34 am

Hi Konny,
same here - flying from Johannesburg to London. Late in the flight the server went down, I didnt notice until approx 11pm (GMT) but I carried on anyway with fingers crossed :shock:

I landed but at the time when the client beeps as it registers the landing it crashed my pc. :(

I checked again at 0000 (GMT) and the server was still down.

I use the client with flightsim over a network via WideFS and the client will often reboot the pc when apparently it cant connect to the server.
I say 'apparent' because I obviously cant check the connection when the pc is rebooting, but I think thats whats happening. :wink:

Anyway i'm halfway back now so hope I make it this time :lol:

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:49 pm

Konny wrote:Any error messages ?
Sure.

"Flynet Client has encountered an error and needs to be closed.

If you had any infortmation now, you might have lost it..."

in other words, no flynet client error messages, just windows error messages