Auto failures?

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Blackhawk1

Auto failures?

Post by Blackhawk1 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:37 pm

I know FS has a failure system implemented, but is it possible to make an automatic one from FlyNet? Where if your aircraft is in worse condition than another of the same type, it is more likely to have a random failure? Hope you get what I'm saying.

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:55 pm

This is already part of the system. How it is implemented ahs been subject to debate though.

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:55 pm

It is connected to the maintenance status of your aircraft. The lower the status the higher the probability of a failure.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

Blackhawk1

Post by Blackhawk1 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:51 pm

oh cool, i guess cause my aircraft have never been in dissrepair I've never had that happen.

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:45 pm

Yup, there already is a failure system but there are very few failures. Definitely needs to be improved.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:29 pm

Konny wrote:Yup, there already is a failure system but there are very few failures. Definitely needs to be improved.
I'm going to have to interject here Konny, on the basis of realism. Most airlines that maintain their planes experience very, very few failures. They are extremely rare, and I think the system should stay that way. Personal opinion, of course, but founded in realism.

(Most times failures and hiccups are found on the ground anyways, maybe have an "OOPSie, Fault detected, fix now?" box pop up after loading fuel. You can choose to fix the fault, or fly with it, knowing if you fly, you run the risk of a failure. (There would, of course, be a service charge for fixing the aircraft, and the warning box would not necessarily mean a failure was guranteed to occur)

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:19 pm

Argh, damn foreign languages ;-) I wanted to say that there are very few types of failures. Stuck gear/flaps and engine failures. And what I also want to add are dynamic failures which happen if you overstress your airplane during flight.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer