Quick notes on profile

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

ramon.cutanda
Ticket Agent

Quick notes on profile

Post by ramon.cutanda » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:28 pm

Hi,

In my virtual airline we have a lot of tours and we usually fly the same plane from destination to destination until the tour is over. But sometimes it's hard to know if a particular plane is being used in a tour so, sometimes we use planes that another pilot is actually using for a tour, and that's really inconvenient.

In the plane's data sheet you can see who was the last pilot to fly it, so I'm wondering if a custom form could be added to pilot's profile so that we can leave quick notes for other pilots. Let's say I want to fly B738 plate number EC-000. I go to the flane info sheet and I see that pilot ALZ657 was the last one to use it. Then I go to that pilot's profile and check if that pilot has left any message such as:

"I'm currently flying B738 EC-000 for the xxx tour."
"I won't be able to fly in the following xxxx days/weeks. Feel free to use the last plane I used"
"I'll be using B738 number EC-000 until January the 31st. I'll take it back to its hub when finished"

And so on and so forth.

Just an idea, though.

Thanks for reading,
Ramón Cutanda / PePaOlé / PPO101

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Re: Quick notes on profile

Post by alasizon » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:00 am

While I see where a quick notepad may be beneficial in other ways as well, one way you can already work around that case you are referring to is to enter the notes on the last flight report (when the client says "write your comments here...").

That way, not only can you look at the last flight but the notes usage you are wanting to see added.
However, we will add this as something we consider.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

Bigdog2995
Ticket Agent

Post by Bigdog2995 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:55 am

I agree that "write your comments here" is an exellent feature, In my experence it is widely unused with the exeption of admin staff.
I belive the personal blackboard feature for all pilots to let everyone know if they intend on using an aircraft for an extended period, would be more fitting, provided all pilots are notified to check the blackboard before planing any flights.
In witch i belive it would be an equivilant to what your asking for in a notepad of sorts.
I prefer to think of it as walking into a pre flight room with the first thing you see is a huge blackboard with all of the pilots intentions (without having to chat with them).
once a pilot is done , he can simply wipe it of the blackboard (delete it) and you know what aircraft will be unavailable for future flights.
Ofcourse, this takes a team effort.
T.E.A.M = Together Everyone Acheives More :)

ramon.cutanda
Ticket Agent

Post by ramon.cutanda » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:09 pm

I'm used to forums that notify me of replies to my posts by default, so I missed the replies to this post because I had not manually subscribe to it. Sorry for not having written before.

I like both your suggestions about "Write comments" and the Blackboard. I'll comment them in my virtual airline.

Thanks for the suggestions!!!

:-)

Bests,
Ramón Cutanda / PePaOlé / PPO101

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:30 pm

So you know, in order to get the auto-notify feature regarding a reply, there is a button at the bottom of the screen when creating a post or reply that you can check that says "Notify me when a reply is posted".
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:55 am

We've decided to go for a different route, eack of our airline pilots have their own fleets, and we also have a pool fleet. Pilots can then draw from the pool fleet for their own use, or contact other pilots to see if they can use aircraft in their fleets, the idea being that aircraft are put back in the pool fleet if not being used.