DH2T Turbo Beaver

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

VegasTim
Flight Attendant

DH2T Turbo Beaver

Post by VegasTim » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:30 pm

I'm trying to get a new aircraft in the system, the Viking Air/de Havilland Canada Turbo Beaver. It is a much different aircraft than the old DHC2 Beaver, carries 8 pax + 250 lbs cargo instead of 6 and 0 and flies faster/higher with a lighter empty weight. There are a couple of Turbo Beavers (one w/wheels, one on floats/gear) available to fly in FSX via freeware which can be a great addition to any company's bush flying operations. I tried entering the data in "add aircraft" in the database but it kicks me out saying the weights are wrong. I'm using the weights right off the Viking Air website and the ICAO code of DH2T per the ICAO website. Support ticket was submitted and hopefully the admins will help me get my new Turbo Beaver w/ wheels soon. New ones (I think they are rebuilds, not new from the ground up) from Viking Air are around 2.5 million with new turboprop engine & 3 blade prop, state of the art glass Garmin avionics, painted to order & completely new interior.... sweet! Used ones on the (real world) aircraft trader are going for 1.65 to 1.75 million.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: DH2T Turbo Beaver

Post by joefremont » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:06 am

Go to database -> aircrafts section on the main web site and click the 'Add new aircrafts' link near the top. That will take you to a form where you can enter the data for the type.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

VegasTim
Flight Attendant

Post by VegasTim » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:42 am

Been there, done that and it won't agree with the weights. I sent an email to support for assistance with screenshots of real world specs right off Viking Air's site. I think the database must have old DHC-2 specs and this is just about a whole new airplane not an old DHC2 with a turboprop bolted on.

VegasTim
Flight Attendant

Post by VegasTim » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:45 am

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:34 am

The values are stored as integers, not as decimals, thats probably why its being rejected for the weights you are entering. Try rounding off to the nearest whole number.

VegasTim
Flight Attendant

Post by VegasTim » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:03 am

Thanks Joe, that got me further down the river until I hit this snag.

I've already contacted Admin, so now it's time to wait with fingers crossed for a Turbo Beaver to be created. :)

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:44 am

I get the same problem, will work on it

VegasTim
Flight Attendant

Post by VegasTim » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:09 am

Hi Joe,

FYI, I'll take the "converted" version with a gross weight of 5370 if that makes it easier for you guys. I think the empty on it is 2590 lbs. Cruise is 154 KIAS, VNE 173. Same engine so fuel burn is still the same at 400-425 lbs per hour takeoff thrust, 225-275 lbs per hour cruise (depending on how well pilot works prop, etc) and taxi fuel use is still around 75-115 lbs per hour. Carries 8 passengers +250 lbs cargo (1850 lbs total) while still having 200nm range with 45 min. reserves. Hope this helps. Maybe I messed up the metric conversion numbers on the form. :?

I'm trying for the landplane version.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:41 pm

Still working on why we could not submit it via the form, but added it manually.

VegasTim
Flight Attendant

Post by VegasTim » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:51 am

You are my Hero! Buying one now to be delivered to PANC. Thanks again for the help & support.