Modification of "Purchase from Manufactuer" system

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Modification of "Purchase from Manufactuer" system

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:19 am

Konny,

I mentioned this in the staff forum, but I'll mention it here too in the correct location.

It would be nice to add a function to the database that allows the admins when accepting an aircraft to the database to set its entry as "new" or "used". The purpose of this function would be to determine whether purchasing this aircraft will result in the delivery of a brand new aircraft (i.e. a plane still in production) or of a used aircraft (i.e. one out of production, but still available for purchase from other operators in the real world or simply allowed for FlyNET use).

The difference would be this -

New planes are delivered at 100% repair.
Used airplanes are delivered at 74% repair.

There would be one more function added -

All aircraft sold to an airline in another country will automatically change the repair status to 74% if the status is above 74%. In the real world, part of buying a used airplane for revenue service from a foreign operator is that a C-Check must be performed prior to the aircraft being given its registration and addition to the airlines operating certificate as approved aircraft for use.

In this way we will be able to somewhat offset the cost of purchasing a "used" aircraft from the database and make it more realistic to purchase and aircraft from a second party.