codeshare flights

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

JJacobs

codeshare flights

Post by JJacobs » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:10 am

I want to use Codeshare Flights with more than one partner VA.

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:09 pm

"new features and ideas", although that could be possible only with airlines that are all allied to each other...

Although I may be digressing because i really, really don't understand what a codeshare flight is...

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:34 pm

Ok, I'll put that on the list.

Concerning codeshare flights:
In real life these flights mainly help to make it easier for passangers. I'll give a little example:
Lufthansa flies from Munich to Chicago. United from Chicago to Philadelphia. Someone wants to fly from Munich to Philadelphia would have to book two flights from two airlines. Now Lufthansa and United do a codeshare on the Munich - Chicago flight. The flight itself will still be flown by Lufthansa but usually it gets two flightnumbers ( e.g. LH1234 AND UA1234 ). There is surely a economic advantage in these flights, too, but it makes live easier for the passangers.

Now the difference to the FlyNET-way of codeshares is that I wanted do something for the pilots and not the passengers, obviously ;-). Therefore a codeshare flight doesn't only give you a pax-bonus but also can be flown by both airlines. So if you have some longhaul-flights you can negotiate with the local carriers and see if you can get some codeshares. The last virtual airline I was member of simulated it that way and I found it pretty cool to be able do some jobs for a local carrier after having done a longhaul-flight. So I wanted to give you the change to do that, too.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

JJacobs

Post by JJacobs » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:11 pm

What I mean is that if i do ABC1234 with Albatross I cant do ABC1234 with Ionthan

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:59 pm

If I understood well, assuming ABC1234 would be EGNM-LGAV, you could do then IAL1234:LGAV-LGRP ig the last one was offered to you as a codeshared flight.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines