Overspeed Delay

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

stefanklein
Ticket Agent

Overspeed Delay

Post by stefanklein » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:58 pm

I would suggest a delay for fl100 overspeed penalty as i and probably many others have the overspeed problem with changing wind.
Maybe a delay of 10 or 15 seconds would be appropriate to get rid of this problem.

Regards

stefan

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: Overspeed Delay

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:10 am

There already is a delay. You won't get penalized until you go over 260 knots.

MadJosch
Flight Attendant

Post by MadJosch » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:24 pm

I have the same annoying problem.

This is no "delay", it is a tolerance.

Sometimes (especially) FSX changes wind directions drastically not seldom from tail to headwind and back within seconds.
Imagine you are flying with 240 kts and a tailwind of 25 kts. Suddenly the wind changes from tail to head and - bing - you have a IAS of 265 kts. Only to turn back to a tailwind again. But then it is too late, the penalty is already recieved.

What if the overspeed penalty is given when the IAS stays over 250/260 kts for lets say 5 seconds? It would relief us a bit.

I know it is a problem with the FSX weather engine, but every other engine i tried: all behave the same with the suddenly changing wind directions.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:31 am

It's not a problem with FSMeteo or Activesky because you have wind smoothing options to delay how quickly the winds can change strength or direction. Additionally, FSUIPC has the same ability through its registered version to slow both addon and default weather to prevent this problem.