Passenger List Likelyhood

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Passenger List Likelyhood

Post by alasizon » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:05 am

Can we add a "Probability of Name" to the passenger list data that the server selects from? When out of all the passengers on the B738, I can't pronounce 55% of the names because they are so rare/uncommon it's a little odd. The fact that most of the names on the plane are East Asian and Indian names seems a little off balance for the US. Surely there would be at least two John's or Chris's on the flight.

It's a small addition and I'm sure would require a bit of figuring out how popular a name is but I'd just like to see the bit of realism fixed.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

Martin Curacao
Ticket Agent

Re: Passenger List Likelyhood

Post by Martin Curacao » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:40 pm

Last time i checked, it is possible to send a list with names for each country you wish.

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:24 pm

Martin Curacao wrote:Last time i checked, it is possible to send a list with names for each country you wish.
Correct, which is how we ended up with the current list we have, however the list has the possible names and many of those names are so uncommon that it would be very unlikely to see them on a flight let alone multiple uncommon names. I'm just seeing if we could implement a likelyhood option so that some names that are very common appear much more than the rare names.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

Martin Curacao
Ticket Agent

Post by Martin Curacao » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:02 pm

Aaahh,.. now i get u. lol