Aircraft selection on the Insert Route page

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Slowhand
Ticket Agent

Aircraft selection on the Insert Route page

Post by Slowhand » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:49 pm

Is it possible to have a "Select All" button on the Insert Route page for aircraft selection?
Just like on the Flightplan page?

We have a large fleet and it would sure help me and my colleges in our route creation.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: Aircraft selection on the Insert Route page

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:58 am

Large fleet in terms of aircraft types or in number of airplanes?

I strongly suggest that if you're flying a lot of types that you need to not use the "one size fits all" method of route creation as not all of those types can realistically fly a flight in the same time and many can't make a flight profitably that others can. This will save you a lot of time and effort in the end because it will be far easier to add new types to your fleet than if you did them all together.

Slowhand
Ticket Agent

Post by Slowhand » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:38 pm

In fact we do have a lot of different aircraft types (#83). We like to offer our pilots a lot of choice. When creating a new route, lets say of 800nm, we have a lot of different jet types suitable for that route. Its a lot of clicking every time and we are looking for a solution.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:52 pm

Well, our system limits you to 42 types per route anyway, so you can't have them all even if you wanted to. There was a recent thread on this limitation and why it's there. In addition, there is a thread on the "Tips and Tricks" forum and on our Wiki that shows you how to use the upload system to upload your flights "en masse" which will also solve your problem.