What development is going on right now?

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

stefanklein
Ticket Agent

What development is going on right now?

Post by stefanklein » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:10 pm

Hello

i wonder what development is going on right now.
As we are rating ideas but we don't get any information what the developers are working on right now an when new features will be added.

I think it would be a good idea to add a roadmap where everybody could see what feature the developers are working on and when it is likly to be finished.

chers

stefan

edwinb77
Flight Attendant

Re: What development is going on right now?

Post by edwinb77 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:42 pm

I agree with you related to what they are doing which is in a bit of a blurry view for all members here.

However putting fixed time lines in when something should be finished is tricky. It could put unneeded pressure on the developers and i rather have them taking longer to finish something and it's working properly, then finished with bugs.

Like for example Blizzard is saying: it's finished when they say it's finished.
Compare it with Electronic Arts: games with a lot of bugs etc.

What we all don't need to forget.. It's build up from hobby perspective and most people who are doing this great job for us, are doing that in their precious free time.
Image Image

MOW
Flight Attendant

Re: What development is going on right now?

Post by MOW » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:20 am

I back this proposal. It sounds good to have an idea on what developers are whishing to develop or not.

Military speaking, a roadmap is more a synthetic "plan" showing the options taken and their links. It does not need to have precise time schedule, in order to avoid pressure or/and contest against developers.

I fully agree on the fact that using or developing the site is an hobby, and time is taken among our free/family time. The 30 euros a year we are paying are, from my point of view, more dedicated to support logistic costs, not professional work !

But, a little effort to provide to users more visibility could help in softing relationship (at least pending some posts we can read quite oftenly written by people deceived).

Frédéric.