delete inactive airlines

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

RicoTTA101
Ticket Agent

Re: delete inactive airlines

Post by RicoTTA101 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:33 pm

I agree about this for 100% but there is also a opposite.

Some people like i saw commenting on here are way to busy because of school or work, while others are too young to pay with paypal who has Minors saving deposito's on their bank making their airline inactive, though they could be active during holidays or with negotiation with their parents.
It doesn't matte on fleet size, member counts or whatever but they "could" be active once again so the mid road to satisfaction is actually to store the inactive airlines on a seperate list then the active one's.

Make the list visible for pilots/CEO's who are in inactive airlines, so they know for sure and know whats up to.
For members who want to join an active airline, just show the list with the active airlines where they can choose from.

For the Anatolia Airlines problem of double names, it'd be partly solved unless the name dubbed airline would be turning active again. Make a tough restriction using numbers, letters, spaces, symbols and capitals to make sure name dubbing just can't be done.

Happy landings and stay Metal \m/

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:25 pm

Konrad was supposed to be working on a way to prevent inactive airlines from showing by default, but I'm not sure what happened to that. However, FSAirlines' policy is that we won't discourage similar names unless there is a clear conflict between the similarly named VA's.

For Example - we have "Olympic Air Virtual (OAV)" and "Olympic Airways Spirit (OAS)". OAV simulates (with permission) the current Olympic Air, while OAS simulates the now defunct Olympic Airways. If there was a rule against "dubbing", then these two wouldn't be able to exist here as they do now.

If there is a blatant copying of airlines, then we'll deal with it on a case-by-case basis - but only when the CEO's have already done everything they can among themselves (in a civil manner) to resolve the issue. But we can't deal with it unless someone says something. There are several examples here that not a single person brought to our attention through the proper channels (i.e. sent us an e-mail). As such, we've not been given the chance to deal with it. Communication is Key!

RicoTTA101
Ticket Agent

Post by RicoTTA101 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:38 pm

Yeah i agree about the Olympic example, but i referred to the Anatolia kind of problem.
It seems that it is an Issue the CEO of Anatolia can't really work with on his own.

Also, Name dubbing i really mean Name dubbing for example: Talon Travel and talon travel < if it is Talon Airlines or Talon Airways there is enough difference in the name to make someone sure that he is joining the correct VA. Same idea as OAV and OAS.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:15 pm

Well, the system isn't supposed to be case sensitive, so it shouldn't allow direct copies, but it occasionally does and when it is a problem that can't be worked out, it needs to be brought to us via e-mail to be handled.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:00 am

Guys,

Just to let everyone know, a new feature has been put in place to somewhat deal with this issue. Joe is still working on some potential additional scripts, but basically any VA which does not have any premium accounts (i.e. is inactive), is grounded, suspended, or closed to applications will not show up in the VA Finder anymore.

Additionally, there is a new option for ALL VA's to allow you to close your VA to new applications to be found in the VA Management screen. This should be helpful to those VA's whom choose to limit their size or wish to not openly accept applications if they run part of their operation offline. I have also asked Joe to investigate making the "closed to applications" flag automatically activate when a VA becomes inactive due to lack of premium subscriptions. This should help "backstop" the VA Finder modification so that pilot's don't get caught in limbo by applying to a VA that's inactive on accident through the drop-down box (which hasn't been changed due to the complexity of it's operation and the heavy load that would be incurred if this was implimented there too).

Hopefully this will only be the first in a series of advances that you should be seeing come to fruition soon. :)

alemaobaiano
Captain

Post by alemaobaiano » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:52 pm

Thanks guys, that was badly needed.

TTFN

khakans
Ticket Agent

Post by khakans » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:11 am

Deleted by author..
Last edited by khakans on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:45 am

Sorry for the inconveniences, there definitely should be an option to join an inactive va.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer