delete inactive airlines

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

elementairlines
Ticket Agent

delete inactive airlines

Post by elementairlines » Thu May 27, 2010 2:11 pm

maybe there is a post about this topic but i cant find it .
it would be very helpfull to all the pilots who are trying to role in an airline if the airlines who are inactive more than 1 o 2 months are deleted from the website.
is very difficult to find an airline active.
and its helpfull too to those airlines who want to compare their stadistics with other active airlines.
i am shure that premium users and active airlines would like this iniciative
Attachments
31793 FIRMA FSAIRLINERS.png
31793 FIRMA FSAIRLINERS.png (53.43 KiB) Viewed 10352 times

alemaobaiano
Captain

Re: delete inactive airlines

Post by alemaobaiano » Thu May 27, 2010 3:55 pm

It had come up before in February....

http://www.fsairlines.net/forum/viewtop ... f=7&t=7381

but nothing happened then, and I doubt that anything will now.

TTFN

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:33 pm

It's on the todo-list, but it seems like the other developers unfortunately are just as busy as I am at the moment. Sorry for the delay.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

Sterretje
Ticket Agent

Post by Sterretje » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:26 pm

At least make it longer than like 2 months. Our VA has been inactive for 3 months due to school and such, we didn't have enough time to fly to make it worth to pay for the airline.

frakos
Ticket Agent

Post by frakos » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:29 pm

Hallo! I´m the CEO of the "FamilyAir".
I am of the opinion that an inactive Airline should be extinguished if it was inactive 3 months. Thus we keep overview of really active Airlines and must not look long. Even if one still goes to school or works, one flight should make in three months, nevertheless, at least one flight for his Airline. And an Airline exists not only of one pilot! Before the deletion can be informed the CEO, that his Airline is extinguished if in 14 days no activity is shown.
Nevertheless, for months inactive Airlines block only data bank capacities.
I would be also to be extinguished for it after a certain term inactive Airlines.

Greetings from Germany Frakos
Last edited by frakos on Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sterretje
Ticket Agent

Post by Sterretje » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:37 pm

frakos wrote:Hallo! I´m the CEO of the "FamilyAir".
I am of the opinion that an inactive Airline should be extinguished if it was inactive 3 months. Thus we keep overview of really active Airlines and must not look long. Even if one still goes to school or works, one flight should make in three months, nevertheless, at least one flight for his Airline. And an Airline exists not only of one pilot! Before the deletion can be informed the CEO, that his Airline is extinguished if in 14 days no activity is shown.
Nevertheless, for months inactive Airlines block only data bank capacities.
I would be also to be extinguished for it after a certain term inactive Airlines.
One flight every few months is no problem, paying 7 bucks for three months and only 1 flight is.

frakos
Ticket Agent

Post by frakos » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:50 am

Who is really a virtual Airline intends to operate, will also do everything to ensure that its pilots fly. And it must have only one Platinium-member. So everything depends on the organizational talent of the Airline management. It is the incentive for the paid contribution the Airline alive.
The problem is an airline with only one pilot.
Only with a strong community can achieve success.

edwinb77
Flight Attendant

Post by edwinb77 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:06 pm

might put it to the consideration that some single person airlines are existing pure for hobby and that they like it that way.

3 months is very short. If you say +6 months, it should be more fair. Most things in real life as well goes by year etc. What could be an idea is to trigger a message from the database that the CEO's airline is inactive and remain in the database for a period of time before deletion. Then you have notified the owner of the virtual airline that he is on the purge list.

Isn't there an archive option possible on the server? just a thought. Put airlines older then a certain period of time into an archive for easy restore and keep it in archive for say 1 year or so?
Image Image

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:51 pm

There has been a code in place for a while (I am unsure if it is on or off currently) that deletes inactive airlines after three months which I think you obviously know.

To be frank, one flight in 90 days is possible. And if I remember right, I'm not even sure if it requires a flight, all it requires is someone to log in.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:46 am

Airlines dont get deleted until there are no pilots left in them. All a pilot has to do is just log on to stay active within 90 days. So in reality, an airline could stay active if a pilot logs on once within 90 days without ever making a flight.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

WIF1073
Flight Attendant

Post by WIF1073 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:14 am

If I am paying my subscription I don't see why there should be any talk of deleting. The original idea of airline deletions were when it was all free. Now that we pay a subscription I don't think the airline should be deleted all all if there is a paid-up Platinum member and neither should platinum members be made inactive or deleted at all.

Malcolm
Virtual Widerøe CEO

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:14 pm

ya but there are a lot of airlines that dont have platinum members at all but are still here...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

WIF1073
Flight Attendant

Post by WIF1073 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:26 pm

flightsimer wrote:ya but there are a lot of airlines that dont have platinum members at all but are still here...
Oh you can dump them... That's fine... LOL ;-)
Virtual Widerøe CEO

G-Alex
Ticket Agent

Post by G-Alex » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:09 pm

Now i Feel this would be great for all Active Airlines, If all the old Inactive airlines Where no longer On here, Airlines Like ours, May be lucky enough to get More applicants.
After all We pay the Subscription, to keep our airlines going.
I think would be a good idea!

Alex

bbugday
Ticket Agent

Post by bbugday » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:18 am

I'm for the idea of deleting inactive airlines also. Previously on Air Anatolia Virtual Airlines we were using another flight recorderding system and later decided to switch to FSA. Since all of our flight are done online we first make our applicants go through training. A young member who was going throuhg training got fed up and left our VA to form his own VA with the SAME NAME :) And he also fooled 2-3 members of ours to join his company. Later these applicants contacted me asking if they were at the wrong VA :) To every applicant we had to tell them to pick the VA carefully and that its name is Air Anatolia Virtual Airlines just like its written and nothing diffrent. Now this VA is inactive cus they dont have preimium membership. But still its a annoying similarity... there is also another VA very similiar to Air Anatolia Virtual Airlines which is also inactive. Something should be done to aviod these similarites also.