Clear the aircraft market page

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

sandeo
Ticket Agent

Clear the aircraft market page

Post by sandeo » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:24 pm

Hi,

Now you(FSA Aviation Inc) have around ~100 737's, ~50 747's, ~50 A320's on sale in the aircraft market.... You have now so much aircrafts on sale, even my computer gets slow for a few seconds and for people withg slow internet it will take ages to load the page. Also for our VA it's not easy to find some cheap aircrafts on which we can make money. :( I don't think somebody will ever buy so much aircrafts from you(for the most airlines it's easier to buy new ones from the factory). May be it is an idea to limit the amount of aircrafts for sale from FSA Aviation Inc to 5 and scrap the "not needed aircrafts"? Of course if some "The Best Airline" wants to sell 10 A380's they should be aloud, but not FSA....

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Re: Clear the aircraft market page

Post by alasizon » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:51 pm

A)This has been brought up in the past

B)The system, to my understanding is mostly automatic

C)Some aircraft clear relatively fast, I personally look on the traders list more often than not.

D)To my knowledge, most airlines aren't doing what you do where you "flip" aircraft.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

sandeo
Ticket Agent

Post by sandeo » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:14 pm

alasizon wrote:A)This has been brought up in the past

B)The system, to my understanding is mostly automatic

C)Some aircraft clear relatively fast, I personally look on the traders list more often than not.

D)To my knowledge, most airlines aren't doing what you do where you "flip" aircraft.
A) Well... Could be so :wink:
B) So what? You can change the code or you can remove aircrafts manually. :) Because doing it manually costs time I can help with that...
C) However you also have 737's and 747's.... You could may be make limitations only for 737/747/767/320/330/C172 ;)
D) Still I don't think some airline needs more than 5-10 same aircrafts to purchase at one time... And still you can buy it by normal airlines and not only FSA.

sandeo
Ticket Agent

Post by sandeo » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:25 pm

magoo043 wrote:For your info, for a new airlines like mine, we find good deal on trader list, i have buy a some b737-200 and B737-200adv, who are perfect for a new airline. i dont think that's a good idea, but it's my opinion.
I love 737's, but I prefer CL series. I don't suggest to delete all offers from trading list, only limit FSA one's to 5(or 10). So you could still buy your favourite 732 from FSA Aviation Inc and if you need more then 5 or 10 you could buyothers from "normal airlines". However why would you buy more then 5 or 10 anyway?

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:38 pm

Wether FSA has aircraft up or not, your not going to find "deals" on any aircraft to make money on when none are being privately sold anyways. FSA sells the aircraft at 20% off ( i believe i previously calculated) its market value. So if another airline wants to sell the same plane at the same condition for less, nothing is stopping them. the same can be said if they sell it for more. So FSA having a large amount of aircraft doesnt prevent any deals from coming onto the markets. Also, this rise in aircraft from FSA has only recently happened from all of the airlines quiting after FSA went payware. in a few months when the airline numbers stablize, it will return to normal.

The aircraft stay on the market for 90 days then they get deleted...

also, some airlines do buy aircraft in masses once in a while. i just a few weeks ago bought over 20 737-900ER's at once from FSA... though that was because we sold them the same amount of -900's... (we were just upgrading to ER standards...)
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:58 pm

I usually when buying aircraft in the 737 series of A320 family for leasing buy them in large swaths of about 5-25. So some airlines do buy more. And deals on aircraft will appear above the FSA ones in each section so it won't stop you from finding the deals, it just takes a little scrolling
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:52 pm

The aircraft listed under "FSA Aviation Inc" are there for 3 reasons -

1) The previous owner went under (i.e. closed)
2) There weren't any aircraft on the trader's list of that type (up to 10 will be added in this case)
3) "FSA Aviation Inc" bought the aircraft as part of an exchange for other aircraft on the trader's list.

Considering the fact that the company is simply a placeholder company, it does not make any money off of its transactions and 99% of all activity is automatic with no interaction by any of the admin.

Also, after 90 days, if the aircraft isn't sold, it's supposed to automatically be scrapped, but that script may have broken (whereas user-sold aircraft simply drop off the market). I will ask the Developers to take a look at it to ensure it's working properly.

sandeo
Ticket Agent

Post by sandeo » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:06 am

May be it's an idea to shortern this "scrapping code" to 30 days or something?

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:53 pm

That would be up to the developers, but we've been using 90 days for everything we do to ensure continuity and ease of understanding, so I think we'll probably keep that. The development team may, however, be able to setup something that will keep the number of "available" aircraft more limited and only add to the list as needed and keep the rest "in storage" or something. It would have to be evaluated for complexity and usefulness though.