Lower Multipliers

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

erv
Ticket Agent

Lower Multipliers

Post by erv » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:42 pm

Hi,

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but at least a quick search didn't reveal that to me.

Our VA is currently running at 25x (set that manually soon after start) and I find its a bit too "easy". On the other hand, setting it down to 1x would probably make it unprofitable as we don't fly that much (after all, people have real lives and all that :) ) - I haven't made detailed calculations but a rough estimate makes me think that we could barely cover the costs for A-checks, leasings, etc (we own a few planes but also lease a few).
Therefore, I think it would be nice to have some more values there, like 10, 5, 2 or something like that. Am I alone here? :)

Ionathan
Captain

Re: Lower Multipliers

Post by Ionathan » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:33 am

erv wrote:Am I alone here? :)
Hmm, not really but not in an overcrowded place either indeed. LOL
The truth is it's been a subject for endless discussions over years now, not always in a calm atmosphere. Actually it depends on what you consider "easy" and this is in turn depended on what you expect from FSA. Personally speaking I would prefer something higher than x25 to make things less static. "Static" again is a subjective term.
To make a long story short, the community ended up in the scaled multiplier based on each VA's size. Before that it was x1000 and then x200 for everyone. The multiplier was eventually descreased but not without complains. In any case I think it is balanced now between realism and interest since we have no more complains...
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:17 am

stuck at 25x we cant afford to advertise.... something to think about. :(
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:12 am

We don't advertise either. In a few lines I don't think advertising has something significant to offer in terms of bringing in more pilots.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

edwinb77
Flight Attendant

Post by edwinb77 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:25 am

imo it's also a way of spending money in a managed wise way.

I checked for example BC North.. 25 pilots and 114 aircrafts = 4.56 aircraft per person.. You can only fly 1 aircraft at the time. So instead of buying and buying and buying aircrafts, you could spend your money in a different way.

As i said, it's just my opinion.
Image Image

Vjacheslav
Flight Attendant

Post by Vjacheslav » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:57 am

:wink:

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:34 pm

I have a large fleet but i also have an AI traffic file for most of my flightplans.
Nearly all my flights get done each and every day.
I cant have flights being flown with aircraft i do not own. :lol:
Yours Stan

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:10 pm

I just added an option for the 10 multiplier but I marked it as experimental as maintenance costs will probably be too expensive to make any profit. But you can still try ;-).
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:21 pm

Konny wrote:I just added an option for the 10 multiplier but I marked it as experimental as maintenance costs will probably be too expensive to make any profit. But you can still try ;-).

Depends on the aircraft you fly and the distance. I for one would have no problem with it because of soft landings and I use a fleet comprised of B737 series aircraft, CRJ7 and DH8D aircraft so the maintenance costs aren't too high, yes I make a bit of a low profit but it ends up closer to realism.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

erv
Ticket Agent

Post by erv » Thu May 06, 2010 12:30 am

Hmm. I wasn't looking at the forum for a while. Is that 10x multiplier removed? I still se just 1 and then 25 and so on in the drop-down.