Status in VA listings?

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

alemaobaiano
Captain

Status in VA listings?

Post by alemaobaiano » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:58 pm

Hi Guys

How long do inactive airlines stay listed? On the main page it gives a figure of 1257 Active VAs, and yet when I search on our base country, of the 17 VAs listed only one is actually active, the rest being either Provisional or Inactive.

Would it take a lot of work to show the status on the list? Clicking on 17 just to find that status is a bit of a pain, and I can imagine it's worse in some other countries.

Thanks

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Re: Status in VA listings?

Post by flightsimer » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:37 am

ya i was wondering the same as you can go through the list of va and it seems like every 1 i pick is inactive
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:55 am

Which VA list are you referring to, the 'virtual airline search' list? We could easily show the date of last flight but I don't think there's enough space for this.

Generally an airline gets deleted when there are no pilots left, and pilot accounts are deactivated when they haven't logged in within 90 days. So if an airline stops using FSAirlines it's still shown on the list for at least 90 days.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

alemaobaiano
Captain

Post by alemaobaiano » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:11 pm

Hi Konny

Yes, I was looking at the results of the VA Search function for Brazil. How about changing the tick mark for inactive or provisional airlines? Perhaps a different colour or symbol, much like we have for pilot status.

It's not vitally important but would make life a bit easier both for new pilots and CEOs looking for partnerships and codeshares.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:31 pm

i was referring to the number on the right that shows the Va's. pilots, flights flown, ect...

its showing over 1200airlines active, but yet when i pick a airline out of the airline list, 9 times out of 10, they are inactive. That 1200 airlines has also been around that area since before the switched to paying.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways