New Flight Monitor

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

New Flight Monitor

Post by DaKurt » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:34 pm

Hey guys,

as I announced I'm working on a better flight monitor. It's now in a very early stage, but I want you to test it and tell me which features you would like to see.

What I want to add (but not yet implemented):
- Detailed route, with height data (which will be displayed in 3d), flown route (not only direct line), heading...
- Possibility to use flight monitor to create new routes
- More frequent updates of position (now the flight monitor only reloads the positions every 30 seconds and the client only sends position data very rarely...this will be changed)

http://fsairlines.net/index.php5?status=flight_monitor

P.S.: You will need the Google Earth API and the minimum hardware requirements are a bit higher than with the old flight monitor. The old flight monitor will be available for users with older PCs.
Claudio - FSAirlines Programming

abarter
Ticket Agent

Re: New Flight Monitor

Post by abarter » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:13 am

I like it! If possible how about the aircraft model displayed in place of, or as well as, the aircraft manufacturer. Such as B737-400 or Bombardier CRJ-200.

Rainbowdancer
Ticket Agent

Post by Rainbowdancer » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:02 am

Well it looks really spectacular with the airport switch on. I agree with this one and the big window map is good for my eyes. Btw, just have a look on the countrymap (flightmap) at vroute.info and how they solved the flight information window!

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:21 pm

I cannot find the countrymap (flight monitor) on vroute.info. Could you please send me a specific link?

Thank's
DaKurt

Rainbowdancer
Ticket Agent

Post by Rainbowdancer » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:10 pm

There is no specific link to vroute.info because you need the client to use. Once the client window opened click the online button to the left and it will get you more options in the upper window and you'll find the right one for country map. Click the A/C and you got all info about this pilot and flightplan.
Now there is one thing in your Flight Monitor that is a bit unhandy. If you will see which pilots are on a certain airport and click on the symbol in the map, it just spread up many more names. To pick up one specific pilot in that case is dificult, because all symbols are nearby. But so far it is a very good work you've done, hope your update is coming soon.

Rainbowdancer
Ticket Agent

Post by Rainbowdancer » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:32 pm

in every move I make I have the chance to take a look at the new flight monitor. For nobody seems to reply on this topic I guess no one cares about it. In my opinion the new flight monitor should get working now. Tell me about the progress of installing it to FSA.

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:26 pm

I'm sorry but I do not understand what exactly you mean with installing the flight monitor.

We are currently a bit busy with other improvements on the client. As soon as this is done, Konny and me will start working on detailed flight recording and so on. Those features have to be implemented simultaneously in the flight tracker (client) and flight monitor (server), in order to work...