Fly with us!

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

sandeo
Ticket Agent

Fly with us!

Post by sandeo » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:38 pm

My idea is a bit difficult to understand(especially with my bad english), but I will try to explain it) The idea is, that you could only buy a ticket for an existing flight that is really flying the route. :) So you will not be able to move from A to B in 5 seconds, you will need to fly with somebody! :D

This is how it works:
Pilot A requests a flight from A to B.
Pilot B thinks, oh, nice, I have a route from A to B, let's make some reputation*. So pilot B offers his services. Pilot A thinks: "Oh yeah, AviaNova is an very good airline, let's fly with them" and he buys a ticket for flight AO 001 A->B. Now pilot B starts his sim and FSAirlines client, pilot A also starts his sim and FSA client. =) Pilot B is flying the route(also making some announcments like "welcome aboard") The flight data(flaps, sound, heading, speed etc) are recorded and sent to FSA server. FSA server forwards them to pilot A, which follows the flight in his sim. After the end of the flight pilot A/passenger should give airline a rating (would he fly with that airline again?). A negative rating lowers the reputation, positive highers :) So the airlines could get higher reputation(then 120) and could make the prices higher -> more profit.

Hopefully it was a bit understandabale :lol:

Sterretje
Ticket Agent

Re: Fly with us!

Post by Sterretje » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:53 am

Sounds good!
But I think it is quite difficult to code that all and it would require loads of bandwidth (however you spell that), because i think more data needs to be send than what has to be sent now.

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:01 pm

Please do a search, this has been suggested before and as I recall, the answer was no.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

sandeo
Ticket Agent

Post by sandeo » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:59 pm

Then please teach me how to use search function... I could only find the topic about "bying ticket with an existing airline" and "transfer by CEO's"

_
The system is already used by FSRecorder, it's recording flight data and the file's which you get from it are not very big. You could make a programm with less options, so the files would be just ~2MB for 1 hour flight. I think only a few pilots/passengers will use this function, so it will not cost very much bandwitch. Also I think, that now we will pay for premium accounts we can expect a new server(would be very nice, but we can't force FSA admins to buy it). :D

alasizon

Post by alasizon » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:09 pm

sandeo wrote:Then please teach me how to use search function... I could only find the topic about "bying ticket with an existing airline" and "transfer by CEO's"

_
The system is already used by FSRecorder, it's recording flight data and the file's which you get from it are not very big. You could make a programm with less options, so the files would be just ~2MB for 1 hour flight. I think only a few pilots/passengers will use this function, so it will not cost very much bandwitch. Also I think, that now we will pay for premium accounts we can expect a new server(would be very nice, but we can't force FSA admins to buy it). :D
We did recently expand to a new server host as I recall. An admin can clarify on that. I couldn't find the exact post, but I will continue to try and find it for you.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

sandeo
Ticket Agent

Post by sandeo » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:54 pm

alasizon wrote:
sandeo wrote:Then please teach me how to use search function... I could only find the topic about "bying ticket with an existing airline" and "transfer by CEO's"

We did recently expand to a new server host as I recall. An admin can clarify on that. I couldn't find the exact post, but I will continue to try and find it for you.
Can you look for me how much "free" bandwitch you have?

alasizon

Post by alasizon » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:54 pm

sandeo wrote:
alasizon wrote:

Can you look for me how much "free" bandwitch you have?
I don't have access to those statistics but one of the developers should be able to clear that up for you or offer you some insight.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

sandeo
Ticket Agent

Post by sandeo » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:04 pm

Waiting for replys of the developers =)

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:43 pm

It's a interesting concept but... who, by a show of hands, would want to sit and do nothing during someone else's flight, and have to load up flightsim to do it, every time they wanted their pilot to move? I'm not one of those. I like the pilot moves the way they are now... being charged an airline ticket to move my guy is reasonable.
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

VisserAviation
Ticket Agent

Post by VisserAviation » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:07 am

Brian Peace wrote:It's a interesting concept but... who, by a show of hands, would want to sit and do nothing during someone else's flight, and have to load up flightsim to do it, every time they wanted their pilot to move? I'm not one of those. I like the pilot moves the way they are now... being charged an airline ticket to move my guy is reasonable.
Not me.
I'll stick to buying tickets,it's bad enough it takes my plane 3 hours to get there
when there's a headwind,I'd go nuts if I were a passenger on thát flight.
Not to mention the waiting game to see if someone is actually flying
to the place I want to go.

alemaobaiano
Captain

Post by alemaobaiano » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:42 am

Brian Peace wrote:It's a interesting concept but... who, by a show of hands, would want to sit and do nothing during someone else's flight, and have to load up flightsim to do it, every time they wanted their pilot to move? I'm not one of those. I like the pilot moves the way they are now... being charged an airline ticket to move my guy is reasonable.
Not me either, I don't see anything wrong with the way things are now, and I don't have the time to wait around for someone else to fly where I need to go.

TTFN

Viper1740
Ticket Agent

Post by Viper1740 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:36 pm

I like the idea of simulating a "real" transfer flight however there are better things I could do with my day rather than watching someone fly. I mean especially if it's a long haul flight I definately would not fly as a transfer, I'd rather fly and earn the income. Anyways nice try :)

sandeo
Ticket Agent

Post by sandeo » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:39 pm

All right, I understood I am the only one who likes to be a passenger. :D

So I changed the idea a bit:

- you will still have to request a flight and find a va which suites you
- you will have to choose one of the folowing options:
1) You fly only the taxi/take off/descent/landing/taxi with the airline after the "real" flight ended. Pilot A sends FSA a report with flight data, then it will forwards it to Pilot B. You get -10% of the ticket price and you are able to give rating to airline(+1000$, optional)
2) You fly the whole route with the airline(the most real thing). Remember you can always minimise flight simulator and do other things.You get -25% of the ticket price and you are able to give ratin to airline(+1000$, optional) .
3) You don't fly with an airline in the sim(ticket price+200%). You will still have to wait the flight time(for EGLL-EHAM you will have to wait one hour etc)

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:57 pm

Sorry, I don't see this ever happening. The bandwidth requirements would be too great for what little use it would get. It doesn't matter how much we have available now, it's how much we won't have available when even one person uses this, on the rare occasion it does get used.

We have tossed around the idea of allowing the choice of buying a ticket on a "live" flight instead of just instantly transferring as you do now, but that would only be an option and would be done totally in the background - you buy the ticket and the system watches for the flight to be completed. When it's completed, it simply updates your location to the destination airport. In the meantime, your status is set to "flying" and you're not able to book or fly a flight. But again, no data would be transmitted beyond what is already reported.