QC

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

VisserAviation
Ticket Agent

QC

Post by VisserAviation » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:38 pm

Hello,

are there any plans to implement the "QC" aircraft,
like the 737-300QC ?
I would welcome that,flying passengers by day and freight by night.
The thing the French post 737's do,for instance.

Ofcourse,I don't know if it is possible,based on what I've seen sofar I think it isn't,
but if it is possible,I'd like that a lot.

cheers

Tom.

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Re: QC

Post by Quantum » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:09 pm

Hi,

Yes this is possible. Submit the aircraft via add aircraft on the aircraft types page. Weights should be available at the Boeing website. You need to show the pax capacity in pax config and the cargo capacity in cargo config. DOW will have to be the same for both so you will lose out slightly on cargo capacity. When submitting your flightplans, by default there is no restrictions on pax/cargo amount so FSA will try and load max pax and then top up with cargo. If you want to operate the aircraft in cargo only config then set pax restriction to 0 in the flightplan and FSA will load cargo only.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

VisserAviation
Ticket Agent

Post by VisserAviation » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:48 pm

that is way cool,I will look into that.
didn't think it'd be possible,but it is really very simple,then.

Would I be able to convert my owned 737-300's to a 737-300QC then?
I now own 1 -300SF and 2 -300's,
as well as a -700,of which there is álso a QC variant.

I'll start digging,it'll be fun 8)

thanks for the explanation !

cheers

Tom.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:20 pm

no, we cant convert aircraft from one version to another. you will have to sell the pax and buy the freight
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:20 pm

The 737-300QC has been added.

Just an addition - anyone wishing to add similar "QC" aircraft that aren't in the database, the same rules apply. Please remember though that the Passenger capacity has to match the "standard" for the type (i.e. a BAe-146-300QC can't seat more than a BAe-146-300). As long as these are met, then we'll accept the addition.

We do hope to have in the future "presets" that will allow these kinds of aircraft to be used more easily when the flightplans are being loaded into the system. We do not expect to make any major changes to the system though from what it is now as it keeps things much simpler.

Martin Curacao
Ticket Agent

Post by Martin Curacao » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:53 pm

Its very cool this is possible.

But its more realistic to choose pax or cargo and the aircraft is grounded for like 1 hour for the change...

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:55 pm

I don't know how that would be "more realistic". No airline changes the configuration on the ramp based on who shows or the "whim" of the pilot, nor does the FSAirlines client let you do that.

In the real world, you schedule the flights as either Cargo, Passenger, or a mix, and then schedule in the time to reconfigure between flights. With FSAirlines, you must do the same - set the configuration when you load the flight into the system for the pilots to book. Thus, it's being done similarly to how you do it in the real world.

VisserAviation
Ticket Agent

Post by VisserAviation » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:04 am

I've bought 2.
Now to sell the regular 737's.

They're painted already as well.

cheers

Tom.

Martin Curacao
Ticket Agent

Post by Martin Curacao » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:39 am

CAPFlyer wrote:I don't know how that would be "more realistic". No airline changes the configuration on the ramp based on who shows or the "whim" of the pilot, nor does the FSAirlines client let you do that.

In the real world, you schedule the flights as either Cargo, Passenger, or a mix, and then schedule in the time to reconfigure between flights. With FSAirlines, you must do the same - set the configuration when you load the flight into the system for the pilots to book. Thus, it's being done similarly to how you do it in the real world.

Okay... i thought that the plane went to a small service check to change them from pax to cargo, (remove chairs) and even when it calls Quick Change, i thought it takes a couple of hours to switch.
grts..

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:20 am

It usually takes around 60 minutes to change the configurations. However, since the flights are scheduled with a given configuration, the delay in reconfiguring the aircraft is worked into the turnaround at the airport.

All of the seats on QC aircraft are mounted on pallets that are the same dimensions as a standard freight pallet, so they simply roll on and off the airplane, making the change simple.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:40 pm

CAPFlyer wrote: All of the seats on QC aircraft are mounted on pallets that are the same dimensions as a standard freight pallet, so they simply roll on and off the airplane, making the change simple.
thats what i thought...but then wasnt sure if that was just the military that did that and not civilian.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:05 am

They're the same (in more ways than you think). Here's a pic of a 737-700C which is available from Boeing. As of now, however, only 5 have been sold to civilian airlines, 4 to TAAG Angola, and one to Angolian state carrier Sonair.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technol ... 85651.html