Suggestion: premium accounts for VA's (CEO accounts)

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Suggestion: premium accounts for VA's (CEO accounts)

Post by Brian Peace » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:54 am

Just a though.

On top of the premium accounts that will be coming out...

What about a VA premium account? Maybe 12-15 $ a month. The VA as a whole would then be unlimited. Small one man or even small 5 man type VA's would have a free account still, but be limited in monthly flights, just like the free accounts are going to be.

Benefits for the premium VA account could be

- unlimited activity for the VA and the pilots that join it (flights, etc)
- free adds somewhere to attract pilots
- maybe in the future some management options for CEO's that would be a step up from a normal free account.

The reason I bring this up:

I have discussed the upcoming premium accounts with my guys. I'm not criticizing FSA as a whole, but I am being honest when I say the response from my guys has been overwhelmingly... "no, the product is not payware quality yet". So if you let perhaps a CEO pay for the VA as a whole, it may accomplish two things.

1 - keep more pilots in VA's that might otherwise leave the system
2 - make new pilots think about joining an existing VA.

and

3 - help you make money to make repairs / fixes to servers / and pay for coding time to fix gameplay issues
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

vaccaro
Captain

Re: Suggestion: premium accounts for VA's (CEO accounts)

Post by vaccaro » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:45 am

I wanna repeat my question asked elsewhere.
Why some of you are so worried about one man shows?
Just give me a reasonable answer and I will shut down my VA or re-open my doors to pilots.
What I try to mean is,
It is none of any others bloody business what I am cooking in my kitchen. That could be broccoli or porkchops.
That is purely nonsense.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:52 pm

same thing with 16x vs. 1x...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

SARMedic177
Ticket Agent

Post by SARMedic177 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:57 pm

Just finding it hard at the moment to get my head round the whole new premium payments. I run KingFisher Helicopters VA and as it stands I have two peolpe registered with FSAirlines with acouple more on the way. Woulod I be right that I will HAVE TO make a premium payment as of January 2010 to keep the VA and keep flying or is it that I can still keep the VA and be active but with limited number of flights per week?
If it is the former i feel that is very poor business sense as I would, as others I'm sure, be inclined to leave FSAirlines having put a lot of effort into creating my VA. Whay should previous VAs or CEO's be penilised? Why not impliment it from this point forth for all joining Crews and VAs.
Is there a clear answer that can be given here without me having to trudge through all the half answers on other pages?

Yours in desperation,

Chris Walker
CEO KingFisher Helicopters VA

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:44 pm

SARMedic177 wrote:Just finding it hard at the moment to get my head round the whole new premium payments. I run KingFisher Helicopters VA and as it stands I have two peolpe registered with FSAirlines with acouple more on the way. Woulod I be right that I will HAVE TO make a premium payment as of January 2010 to keep the VA and keep flying or is it that I can still keep the VA and be active but with limited number of flights per week?
If it is the former i feel that is very poor business sense as I would, as others I'm sure, be inclined to leave FSAirlines having put a lot of effort into creating my VA. Whay should previous VAs or CEO's be penilised? Why not impliment it from this point forth for all joining Crews and VAs.
Is there a clear answer that can be given here without me having to trudge through all the half answers on other pages?

Yours in desperation,

Chris Walker
CEO KingFisher Helicopters VA
At the beginning of 2010 you must buy a platinum account or your VA will be set to inactive. One platinum account is required per VA.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:23 am

Actually you will have a Trial Platinum account from 1.1.2010 until 14.1.2010 (2 weeks) to check out the new system and decide if you want to become Platinum member.

And to be even more precise...it doesn't need to be YOU that becomes a Platinum member. Your airline will remain active if ANY (at least one) pilot of your VA becomes platinum.

merry christmas ;)
Claudio - FSAirlines Programming