Just a few ideas

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

recce

Just a few ideas

Post by recce » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:14 pm

One thing that came to mind today while I should have been paying attention in Physics (Flight college... boring when you can't fly): What should pilots do with money.... The simplest answer I could think of... well let's just say I don't see it being so simple to implement.

After a pilot has been flying with an airline for awhile they've probably begun to build up a fair bit of cash. Would it maybe be possible for them to buy a small aircraft? For instance I've always dreamed of having my private Beech18 Volpar mod. So if I had the money it would be a definate purchase. For instance an older one that an airline is getting rid of. However these leads to another problem, what if the pilot is flying away from the airport has them listed "at". Well obviously this would need to be changed. So my idea for this is:

An option to book a flight for your airline OR plan a personal flight. This way the client could adjust the pilots cash to compensate fuel purchased for their private aircraft, and where they are physically located.

This means that a pilot wouldn't be able to book a flight for say CYYB if they were on a private flight and located in CYSB. In that sense it's only adding a second system for private flights. It gives us something to do with our cash. Thoughts opinions? The idea is still floating in my head..... Much to discuss here I think.

Another thing that should be implemented in the future in my humble opinion is different pay rates based on ranks. If I'm flying for an airline as a right seat on a regional aircraft am I making the same as the left seat on a long haul? I don't think that's the way it's normally done. Just more food for thought. I'm sure this could be arranged completely through the site without changes to the client.

HyperionAirways

Post by HyperionAirways » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:00 pm

I think a "shopping spree" feature would be great! Houses, cars, planes...just ways to spend your cash.

Of course, you could also do this on your own, just by linking to an item online, and deducting that amount from your balance....just a thought. But I love the idea.

I also thought about rank based pay. Not only for pilots, but if an airline could give like a "differential" pay rate to airline managers, etc....you could get 10% for flying, but say 12% if you're a hub manager, etc...

BigQ

Post by BigQ » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:24 pm

I really like both of Recce and HA's idea... It will be another way to reward the pilot that is very active...

recce

Post by recce » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:54 pm

More Ideas!!! With explainations!

1. Comment space at the end flight screen of client. This is actually a two part piece. Whenever my pilots log a flight I check the log to see how they did. If they've flown well I'm happy if not.... well you get the idea. This is actually a two part piece. The reason for this feature is that if a pilot really does mess up (for instance a zero distance flight when the flightplan calls for 59nm) they can explain what happened in the comment page. Kind of like a gripe sheet.

2. What is the 1000X multiplier for when calculating profits? If it's to make the airlines grow faster, would it be possible to get this set on a time action... say after a month it kicks off?

3. Pilot flight plans based on rank. Some times a flight calls for a pilot to use an aircraft that they realisticly are not ready to fly. Often pilots will choose these flights not remarking on the aircraft untill they have booked the flight. Or worse yet, they fly it anyway. Would it be possible to set a switch so that only pilots of a certain rank are able to fly certain flights? For instance every pilot could fly the 0nm flights, rank of second officer required before flying the 8nm routes in a 208 or something of that size and so on untill Airline Captain in a 747 or the like. I hope this is clear enough......

4. A banking system. I for one can see the value in a bank system. For instance: my airline is in dire need of a 737-400 series aircraft as nothing we have is economical for the medium haul flights (currently we are a short haul operation) but we also do not have 45 Mv$. Therefore it would be beneficial to us to take out a loan and pay that off with the profits from the aircraft untill we own it. As well when we have a surplus of cash we could place it in an account to grow some interest. Currently money cannot be made outside of flights.... The banking system could be extended to include pilots accounts.

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:08 pm

1. Comment space at the end flight screen of client. This is actually a two part piece. Whenever my pilots log a flight I check the log to see how they did. If they've flown well I'm happy if not.... well you get the idea. This is actually a two part piece. The reason for this feature is that if a pilot really does mess up (for instance a zero distance flight when the flightplan calls for 59nm) they can explain what happened in the comment page. Kind of like a gripe sheet.
Good idea, and not to difficult to add. Gets a higher rank in the ToDo-list ;-)
2. What is the 1000X multiplier for when calculating profits? If it's to make the airlines grow faster, would it be possible to get this set on a time action... say after a month it kicks off?
Well, you can see it on the flight reports. Without the mulitplier for example your airline with primarily C208 flights would get about $300 per flight. With 100 flights you would have earned $300.000. That's not even enough for a C182 ;-), and that's why we added the multiplier.

And thanks for all the other ideas, I'll give my best to get them added.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

recce

Post by recce » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:46 pm

Then wouldn't the multiplier be a good starting assistance program? it kind of takes away from the realism for older airlines.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:30 pm

Konny wrote:
Well, you can see it on the flight reports. Without the mulitplier for example your airline with primarily C208 flights would get about $300 per flight. With 100 flights you would have earned $300.000. That's not even enough for a C182 ;-), and that's why we added the multiplier.
Then there's something wrong with the way your calculating flight costs. You shouldn't need any multiplyer to get the correct cost.

Think of it this way - a typical seat for a 100 mile trip is approx. $100 US per person if bought at full price. For a 10 passenger airplane, your 300 mile trip should gain you $3,000 US in gross revenue PLUS any cargo you may have carried on the flight (figure about another $1000 US for 200 pounds of cargo). So, you have a gross revenue of $4000 US, minus operating cost of the airplane and crew (approx. $1500 US / hr), then you get your net revenue - $2500 US. From there, you deduct other company expenses and such, but it usually equals less than $100/flight due to the fact that your C208 is usually getting 8-12 hours of flight a day, which allows you to spread the fixed daily operating costs between those flights.