Generating income

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Viper1740
Ticket Agent

Generating income

Post by Viper1740 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:23 pm

How about creating a property or commercial space that would allow you to generate additional income besides what flights give the pilots. Some of us would eventually like to own their own A/C with out having to run the company. I just think this idea might be able to achieve that goal faster. What do you think?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Generating income

Post by joefremont » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:17 pm

It seams that with many of our airlines being one pilot operations we almost have that already. How would your proposal differ?
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Viper1740
Ticket Agent

Post by Viper1740 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:26 pm

This would be either daily or hourly income based on different structure. Not VA owned but rather pilot owned. So this would be limited to VA pilots not its owners.

Viper1740
Ticket Agent

Post by Viper1740 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:11 pm

As to the prior statement if you are stating many VA's are a one man group, then FSA should have a policy for a time limit to have the owner of the VA recruit more pilots or face closure of an airline but that's a whole new idea that might be worth opening up a new topic on.

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:25 pm

Viper1740 wrote:As to the prior statement if you are stating many VA's are a one man group, then FSA should have a policy for a time limit to have the owner of the VA recruit more pilots or face closure of an airline but that's a whole new idea that might be worth opening up a new topic on.
Whoa! why the thought of closing down single pilot VA's. If they can generate enough income, to run their airline, create and fly routes, buy/rent aircraft, and generally enjoy the FSAirlines environment, why consider foceably shutting them down? They have to put the hours in, to earn their virtual cash, or would you also consider kicking virtual pilots that fail to fly a certain number of hours a week (real hours that is, not x2 upwards?) The thought of forceably closing single pilot virtual airlines is abhorrant in my opinion :x

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:08 am

And one-man shows are not always by choice but due to lack of other pilots wishing to join. It would be incorrect to shut them down.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

vaccaro
Captain

Post by vaccaro » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:11 am

Viper1740 wrote:As to the prior statement if you are stating many VA's are a one man group, then FSA should have a policy for a time limit to have the owner of the VA recruit more pilots or face closure of an airline but that's a whole new idea that might be worth opening up a new topic on.
What is wrong with one man shows?

And about your proposal "... FSA should have a policy for a time limit to have the owner of the VA recruit more pilots or face closure of an airline.."
What if the one man show is a paying member? Why would the one man show pay and has to recruit pilots.
This is like telling a user who purchase a payware scenery or a/c "I sell you the product but if you don't use it 10 times a month I will take it back". :p

Viper1740
Ticket Agent

Post by Viper1740 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:41 pm

Apparently people went off topic so i will repost again. If you believe topics above require a new thread please create one otherwise please stick to this one:

How about creating a property or commercial space that would allow you to generate additional income besides what flights give the pilots. Some of us would eventually like to own their own A/C with out having to run the company. I just think this idea might be able to achieve that goal faster. This would be either daily or hourly income based on different structure. Not VA owned but rather pilot owned. So this would be limited to VA pilots not its owners. What do you think?

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:22 pm

The only possible way I can see of getting what you are asking for is for being able to use the money you earn as a pilot, to re-invest into an airline, when you start your own, which at present is not possible, but as everyone previously who has started their own airline has managed with what the environment has given them already, and start out by leasing aircraft, and work to expand from there. Dont forget that as a new arline you will get a x1000 multiplier for flights that you do into the airline coffers, so I don't really see what you are needing

conmanflyer

Post by conmanflyer » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:06 am

ive just been looking through this and a rather obvious thing is to price shop! look for who will pay you more! or heres another idea, ASK FOR A RAISE! And why is everthing about BASHING 1 man operations! its pathetic! EVERYBODY has the opurtunity to start their own VA, whether they succeed in this buisness is another story... I am a strong supporter of Small 1 man VAs because i was once a 1 man VA(granted that lasted 1-2 months!).

Flightguy123
Flight Attendant

Post by Flightguy123 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:01 am

you never was a one man, Connor, you had SFTRA with you the whole time! :lol:

conmanflyer

Post by conmanflyer » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:15 pm

NOPE...for the first 2 months i was a loner, SFRTA got tired of EHV so he came to me... now im bringing in more pilots from multiple VAs

conmanflyer

Post by conmanflyer » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:22 pm

oh ya... and its "SFRTA"... lol... but i had him like 2 months after i started