Some my ideas

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Vjacheslav
Flight Attendant

Some my ideas

Post by Vjacheslav » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:25 am

I would like to suggest some ideas for my favorite FSA

I apologize if something of this has been discussed

1. Anti Collision light check
The client checks that the light is on with the engine running. If the pilot forgot to include - gets point penalty

2. End flight status
If it is possible to change the mandatory end of the flight during the set of parking brake - make this feature optional, or change in the condition of opening doors. Because at the moment lost all interest after-flight procedures(start apu, ground power & air request i.t.c) when you realize that in the flight is complete for system :)

3. Transfer aircrafts
IMHO it would be much more interesting if the opportunity to cancel transfer aircraft by system. That would encourage pilots to fly not only within the established routes, but also to discover new airports and routes necessary to deliver the aircrafrs to the base of the company. Alternatively leave the forced transfer at the end of lease if it was such a condition.

4. Repair airports
Probably the most difficult to implement, but it would dramatically increase the realism of the airlines - repair of aircraft is possible only in certain ports

best regards and sorry for my bad English :(

conmanflyer

Re: Some my ideas

Post by conmanflyer » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:22 am

awwh... i like the repair base... but it might be too difficult and un-nessesary... an airline could possibly get to BIG for that system... and what if you have a small airport but you have a hub made of it...

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:31 am

1) Don't see why not. Just as important as the landing lights, and was on commercial aircraft even back in the 1930s.
2) I agree with making it optional. Have always wanted the system to ensure that the engines are also off before ending the flight (typically can't deboard the aircraft until engines are stopped or in the case of aircraft like the DHC-8, one engine operates also as an APU with a prop brake).
3) All you have to do is put a series of single use flights into the system that make the trip. You don't even have to restrict the payload and can make money. VHA and CBFSVA both do this and I'm sure we're not alone.
4) Been suggested, but is very, very, very low on the priority list if it does get implemented. Need to have the maintenance system overhauled completely first. Most likely, any restrictions would simply be that you could only do "C" and "D" checks at certain airports. "A" and "B" checks are done quite a bit at outlying airports and don't typically require any specialized tools that wouldn't be carried aboard the aircraft or in a mechanic's toolbox.

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:47 am

2) scares me if we go to having to shut engines down... that's the poing at whcih flightsim decides to fuel an aircraft, and would lead to more fuel issues? (or cancelled flights due to "inflight refuleing detected")

4) I love this idea... how about tossing in some random repair bills? based on what condition an aircraft is in, perhaps it could be more liable to "break" and need repairs before it's next flight is flown...fs economy has this feature (aircraft breaking randomnly and needing repair), and it works quite well.

One thing to note. Maybe the repair bills and the mainteneace bills should be scaled via the airlines multiplier... this is one odd thing I have noticed about FSA that kinda makes me wonder "why did they do this??"

someone can make 280 million on a 1000x multiplier on a flight with a 747, and pay only 6 million for an a-check
I can make a max of about 7 million on the same flight at 25x multiplier, but still have to pay 6 million for the same a-check.

doesn't seem right... :?
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:57 pm

Can I add my thee ha'apence :)
Regarding the shutting down of engines and opening of doors, I'm not sure that all the freeware models that I have or are available actually have that level of complexity in the shutdown process, nor are ATC ground controllers always available to direct you to a suitable parking bay/gate at all airports, so I feel that applying the parking brake is probably the best generic way of ending a flight, though ending it on a runway is not a good location as can happen at present. I'm also not certain if all models use the same basic key press functions for activating specfic items in the aircraft models, purchased or downloaded.
I too like the idea of spurious maintenance bills, but I have no idea how it could be implemented within the client and what would the costs be for bulbs/fuses etc, brakes, tyres and when would you need to replace them?
The client can't track everything, and at times, those of us with older machines with limited resources can struggle to get any sort of frame rate already lol.
It seems that many now want more complexity and realism out of flynet, but I feel you canmake it as real, or fanciful (within the current framework) already.
It's good to bring these thoughts forward however, as I'm sure it will lead to a more realistic experience for those who want more fidelity.

Alaskan Flyboy
Ticket Agent

Post by Alaskan Flyboy » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:32 pm

CAPFlyer wrote:1) Don't see why not. Just as important as the landing lights, and was on commercial aircraft even back in the 1930s.
I would agree. Working on the ramp in Spokane for UPS, we're not even allowed to enter within the perimeter of the aircraft (draw an oval around the aircraft that is 5-foot from all the extreme points) when the beacon is flashing, unless we're performing an air-start.
2) I agree with making it optional. Have always wanted the system to ensure that the engines are also off before ending the flight (typically can't deboard the aircraft until engines are stopped or in the case of aircraft like the DHC-8, one engine operates also as an APU with a prop brake).
If this could be implemented, it would be good. I understand the reasoning behind the parking-brake, as that triggers the block-in time — at least for Boeing aircraft, but unless they stop the engines before that, it's still burning fuel that the system won't account for.
3) All you have to do is put a series of single use flights into the system that make the trip. You don't even have to restrict the payload and can make money. VHA and CBFSVA both do this and I'm sure we're not alone.
For realism, I'd make it a 1-time flight in the system and set the cargo and pax restrictions to 0, but I agree. The system already handles that easily.
4) Been suggested, but is very, very, very low on the priority list if it does get implemented. Need to have the maintenance system overhauled completely first. Most likely, any restrictions would simply be that you could only do "C" and "D" checks at certain airports. "A" and "B" checks are done quite a bit at outlying airports and don't typically require any specialized tools that wouldn't be carried aboard the aircraft or in a mechanic's toolbox.
With this concept, I think I'd like to see airlines given the option to buy their own maintenance facilities. It'd would be expensive, so small-time operators wouldn't see much of a benefit as the cost of building and maintaining the facility would make it difficult, if not impossible, to reach the break-even point. This would be getting even more complex, but perhaps allow for the option of "warehousing" parts at these facilities for specific aircraft and/or allowing some recognition of commonality between certain aircraft. For instance, I know the A300s and the B767s we get in our ramp at UPS use the same tires. Or as another example, the 707, 727, and 737 all had quite a bit of commonality, including parts of the structure. Though, I don't know how such a system could be implemented without a lengthy database listing commonality between all the aircraft. If a group were able to tackle such a project, it might not be so bad. Perhaps just a simple discount for repairs on aircraft you own a lot of the same model on.

Though, I also know a lot of aircraft maintenance is done on the ramp while the aircraft is parked. We have a bay about the size of an apartment garage that houses wheels, lights, fuses, panels, valves, starters, etc (mostly small stuff and things that commonly go out). I know we've had to have parts flown in on occasion when things like flaps or ailerons have gone to hell. Last winter, the mechanic on duty had to cover the windscreen of one of our planes with a tarp to keep the blizzard out at he replaced a window that de-laminated. So a lot of maintenance isn't done just as specific airports, it's done at every airport. Generally only routine maintenance and major maintenance is done at designated facilities. Having only designated airports also would have to have some accounting for ferrying broken aircraft to the facility if it was even flyable. When I was in flight training, a special certificate had to be issued by the FAA to fly a Piper Warrior III with a broken wing spar from Spokane, WA to Grand Forks, ND for repairs.

Those are just some of my thoughts.

conmanflyer

Post by conmanflyer » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:21 am

they can do maintence anywhere... like boeing has a crack-team of mechanics that will fly ANYWHERE to fix an serious aircraft, with the proper equipment provided of course... =)

Flightguy123
Flight Attendant

Post by Flightguy123 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:07 am

I think that we should have repair bases but also a fee for gates.....this would make the fsa system more realistic because in the real world aircraft cost money to park...and well it should cost money here too...Also in some places I know that airlines have to pay money for some routes......like to fly the route ect.ect...

Thanks
Ada

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:09 am

The only thing I would like to add to the thread regarding new ideas is that care must be taken that funtionallity of the basic aircraft in FS must be taken into account (in my opinion) dating from fs98 up to and including FSX that can be flown inside the FSA environment as well as considerations for potential downloaded models.

conmanflyer

Post by conmanflyer » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:28 pm

Admin Edit: Please let the Admins and Mods do their jobs themselves.