New Penalty Idea

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Re: New Penalty Idea

Post by flightsimer » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:42 am

ok but now why would you only monitor it near the airport? if you would want something like that than the only fair way to do it would be to have a "check" throughout the whole flight... but that is going to cause a heck of a lot of people to get annoyed... hence the reason they didnt add the button in MS train simulator which engineers have to press every 15 (or maybe its 30) seconds or else the train stops itself.

there have been times where i have monitored the whole flight but torwards the end i had to go do something and it took too long and have come back circling, so why should i be pentalized but yet someone who does a 16hr flight on 1x probably will be monitoring their screen maybe a total of 2hrs if that... or maybe they are even sleeping during it. that doesnt seem very fair to me...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Flightguy123
Flight Attendant

Post by Flightguy123 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:48 am

I have to completely agree with flightsimmer here....There would be alot of complaints and a lot of VA's would probably get very frustrated.

vaccaro
Captain

Post by vaccaro » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:32 am

If you want to control only the ones leave the simulator unattended then the 18000 feet or lower thingy wouldn't be very good because if you are flying online (let's say during an event or fly-in) the ATCO might require you to hold somewhere near airport (bear in mind that not all the ATCOs follow real life rules) and you will be dinged.
So, if the aim is only to control the ones who leave FS unattended (thus, those who overfly or hold over destination airport at filled FL) there should be a FL / altitude option inside the client.

alemaobaiano
Captain

Post by alemaobaiano » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:19 am

How would this affect operations into places like Quito and La Paz, where several approaches start at 17-18000' close to the airport? Could this be implemented with altitudes above AGL instead of MSL?

TTFN

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:50 pm

flightsimer wrote:ok but now why would you only monitor it near the airport? if you would want something like that than the only fair way to do it would be to have a "check" throughout the whole flight... but that is going to cause a heck of a lot of people to get annoyed... hence the reason they didnt add the button in MS train simulator which engineers have to press every 15 (or maybe its 30) seconds or else the train stops itself.
One minor correction - the alerter *IS* in MS Train simulator, you can just turn it off (unlike on the real thing). But then again, if you wreck your train, there's no financial reprecussions (virtual) like there is with FSAirlines.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:13 pm

CAPFlyer wrote:
flightsimer wrote:ok but now why would you only monitor it near the airport? if you would want something like that than the only fair way to do it would be to have a "check" throughout the whole flight... but that is going to cause a heck of a lot of people to get annoyed... hence the reason they didnt add the button in MS train simulator which engineers have to press every 15 (or maybe its 30) seconds or else the train stops itself.
One minor correction - the alerter *IS* in MS Train simulator, you can just turn it off (unlike on the real thing). But then again, if you wreck your train, there's no financial reprecussions (virtual) like there is with FSAirlines.
yes the button is there but it doesnt function.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:33 am

It works quite well if you have it enabled. It does exactly what it's supposed to - it applies the brakes if you don't respond to it within a certain amount of time.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:01 am

CAPFlyer wrote:It works quite well if you have it enabled. It does exactly what it's supposed to - it applies the brakes if you don't respond to it within a certain amount of time.
mine never did and i ran on realistic settings... i havent played that game in a long time though because my one disk got screwed up and after my computer crashed i couldnt reinstall it. but i always remember just going and never having to hit it...

was mad that they axed aces right before ts2 was suppose to come out. :( hope the new company that the developers just started will finish it though i doubt MS will allow that.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:14 am

I have train sim too. Too bad there's not a FSTrains.net! LOL.....

economy system for train driving would be cool.

back on topic.

penalties like this would be a headache to the admins.... too many complaints would probably arise. No real need for it, and it would create more of a headache than it solves.
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:31 am

Brian Peace wrote:I have train sim too. Too bad there's not a FSTrains.net! LOL.....

economy system for train driving would be cool.

back on topic.

penalties like this would be a headache to the admins.... too many complaints would probably arise. No real need for it, and it would create more of a headache than it solves.
i was going to start one based on FSeconomy when TS2 came out but decided not too...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

hezza
Captain

Post by hezza » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:36 am

Very interesting about the trains, especially from admin who complain about off topic replies ;)

Anybody with views on the proposed penalty??

/G

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:18 am

I don't complain about off topic posts. Topics can wander. It's when people want support for a different issue in the same thread that I ask for it to be moved or when it just gets so far off into left (or right) field when the original issue hasn't been addressed. In this case, there has been plenty of discussion and I don't see any reason why it won't continue if others choose to weigh in.

conmanflyer

Post by conmanflyer » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:24 am

the client already looks at AGL level... why not make it AGL instead of MSL and tht would work for the high ALT airports

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:30 pm

Although in principal I have no objection to the idea, but there are so many other things that 'could' be used to make the system more realistic which is what this thread is basically about. If all the issues regarding realism were going to be addressed for flynet, it would take a lot of the enjoyment and fun out of the environment.
Just out of interest, how would a potential penalty fix make flynet better, how would it take into account different scenery files, and if you want to add a new penalty, why don't you stop any flight over x1, or flying direct gps routes getting recorded in the stats page for airlines/pilots?

Olbi
Ticket Agent

Post by Olbi » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:13 am

What if we fly on VATSIM ? We can get direct intersection which is behind airport or we can get hold on 34000ft like on Madeira. When big events appear i know holdings for 2 hours on 34000ft ! So...