ability to change leased a/c reg's

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

ability to change leased a/c reg's

Post by flightsimer » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:44 am

can it be made so that the leaser's can change aircraft info like registration and names while leased. i cant remember but if the leasing airline can change the name of the aircraft then it would only need to be the registration since they cant change that.

right now im re-registering all of my aircraft. previously i had it all straight, but after adding subfleets its getting messy. so now im redoing all of my registrations. pretty much im just giving current registrations to a different aircraft type/subfleet.

but because i cant change leased aircraft registrations ill have to jump in orders of registrations. which then can lead to more mess and work.

example right now my 737's are all N1101NE-N1130NE. well the problem is that origionally i blocked off 1101NE-1110NE to the 737-700ER and the rest to the -800's. but with my current future plan this wont work because ill have more than 10 -700ER's

so now my 737-800's are being changed to N1000NE-N1099NE
and 737-700ER's will go to N1100NE-N1199NE
(im not planning on have 100 of each, but have given the extra room for expansion.

but if a 737-800 that is currently leased out is registered N1111NE and i want to give my 12th -700ER that, ill have to A) wait for the lease to end or B) skip ahead to N1112NE.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Motomad1
Flight Attendant

Re: ability to change leased a/c reg's

Post by Motomad1 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:01 am

Im not sure what in real world it is like, but maybe if you lease a plane it give it a auto rego for the leaser country. (EG were are based in australia lease a B738 lease is somthing elese but when we lease it goes to VH- then what ever is next on the data base.)

Would be a good inclusion to FSA.
ImageImage

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:27 pm

We disabled the ability of leasors to change the name and registration on FSAirlines mainly because the type of leasing done (short term) makes it incondusive with such allowances. In the real world, short term leases usually have the aircraft in the same or very similar colors to the owner's scheme and very rarely is the registration changed unless it's required by the local aviation authority for it to be done that way. The reason for this is that the Airworthiness Certificate is still the responibility of the owner, not the leasor, and thus the registration must be held in the country of the owner. If Joe and/or Konrad are cool with it, I think we could add the option for the owner to allow those things to be changed as part of the lease agreement, but by default I think it should be off as we had too many problems when it was on.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:42 pm

i think you misunderstood my request Chris. I remember before when the leasing airline was able to change registration and didnt like it either, but thats not what im asking for. I want to change the registration for when it comes back into my airline, but i dont want to have to wait for it to return to do that or have to skip around numbers because they are already in use. i deffinately wouldnt want the leasing airline to be able to change registrations unless they would go back to the origional one from when it was leased which in the past it didnt.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways