Registration System

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Registration System

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:58 am

Konny,

Sorry to go and bring this up again but can we get registrations opened up for those countries that allow it (like the US and Canada)? I'd definitely agree that we be charged for re-registering an aircraft ($10,000 each is a good number keeping with the theme of multiplying the actual cost by 100 in line with the revenue system), but it's frustrating for all of my airplanes to be registered as N100xx (with the XX being 2 "unique" letters) and not able to re-register them to N200GM through N204GM.

Thanks for your continued work on the system Konny, it's fun!

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:23 pm

Well, actually the last three letters a created dynamically from the database id. and I don't want to change this system as the database id increases automatically with each new entry and therefore I don't have to check for duplicate registrations. And I won't change that in the near future. But I "could" make the two ciphers behind the N editable if that is enough for you. But it would be a feature for american registrations only, as I don't think it makes sense to change one letter in the X-XXXX registrations. And for all the XX-XXX registration I can't do anything anyway.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:39 pm

I think that'd work Konny.

Another method I can think off to do this to not have to check for duplication (at least in the US) is to have the database automatically create "blocks" of registrations for each airline.

Thus GMC would get the block of "N100GM - N999GM" or something like that (taking the first 2 letters of the airline's ICAO) and each airplane introduced would get the next number in line, meaning that you would at least have each aircraft have an increase in number. This at least would allow for a more logical way of tracking how new or old an airplane is to the fleet.

Then when an airplane is sold off, the new owner has the option of keeping the old registration or re-registering it to a number within his assigned block of numbers.