Ability to Move pilots.

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Motomad1
Flight Attendant

Ability to Move pilots.

Post by Motomad1 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:01 am

Just wondering what your thoughts are of Manegment of a VA can have to abilty to move pilots current location. Not sure about cost if there would be any involved. it would help out if a pilot was in debt and he needed to move airport due to Aircraft there.

Eg you can move a pilot form YSSY and put him at YMML.

What are your thoughts of adding it to the System?
ImageImage

Vjacheslav
Flight Attendant

Re: Ability to Move pilots.

Post by Vjacheslav » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:22 am

what for it is necessary?

IMHO,to increase the realism, it is best to remove any possibility of movement of the pilots in the space :)

To ensure that the pilot would be able to get into the correct port, it is necessary to make such a flight or add yourself as a passenger on the flight, which will be performed by another pilot of the company :)

If all this is very difficult, at least make the time move the pilot's equal time needed to carry out such a flight :) :) :)

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: Ability to Move pilots.

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:04 pm

Actually, my suggestion would be for you to have the pilot buy the ticket for wherever they need to go and then you tip them the cost. I can't remember, but I seem to think that the calculation applied to determine price of a ticket for pilots was posted somewhere on the forums. If it is, you could tip them in advance the cost and then they "buy a ticket" to wherever you need them.

Forcing a transfer is something I'd want to stay away from for 2 reasons -

1) Complicates the system unnecessarily
2) Gives the CEO's and managers too much power

Let me explain the second a little. If the CEO/Managers could transfer people themselves, they could cause havoc within their VA by transferring people around without their knowledge. We've had several occasions in the past when a "bad apple" has gotten into a VA, gotten a position of power, and then ruined the VA by creating havoc. Adding a "transfer" function for those positions would only give one more avenue for someone to cause problems. I'd rather use the tipping system and only have the VA's finances and status affected by such "bad apples" than pilots because a VA's statistics are much more easily fixed than that of all its pilots.