new aircrafts

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: new aircrafts

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:26 pm

I don't believe that is currently possible and I would be inclined to not allow that either simply because it would really complicate our ability to control and track them to ensure that no one has more than 1 in their possession at any time.

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:59 pm

I wasn,t aware that they were 75% to start with so after the first flight on seeing it was down to 74.9% i put mine in for service.It only went up to 75%. :?:
Yours Stan

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:47 pm

Stan wrote:I wasn,t aware that they were 75% to start with so after the first flight on seeing it was down to 74.9% i put mine in for service.It only went up to 75%. :?:
I received both of my Belugas at 100% so it might only be the AN-225 that is 75%
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:31 pm

ya and when i bought my b52 a while back it was at 75% and i did a repair and it didnt go up to 100% either. im going to wait until more is said/fixed. because a C check is going to suck either way (140mil)...

ill run it down to 40% so i can at least get my money's worth from it before i repair it.

is it really realistic that just to buy it "and get into "flying condition"" it costs 420mil? im fine with having to wait the 7 days for a "c check" but the price just doesnt seem right.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:49 am

CAPFlyer wrote:I don't believe that is currently possible and I would be inclined to not allow that either simply because it would really complicate our ability to control and track them to ensure that no one has more than 1 in their possession at any time.
While I agree with you on this case, would it be possible to make the B787s and B748s able to be leased since you can purchase them on the open market and there is no restriction on number of aircraft?
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:00 am

alasizon wrote:
CAPFlyer wrote:I don't believe that is currently possible and I would be inclined to not allow that either simply because it would really complicate our ability to control and track them to ensure that no one has more than 1 in their possession at any time.
While I agree with you on this case, would it be possible to make the B787s and B748s able to be leased since you can purchase them on the open market and there is no restriction on number of aircraft?
they werent suppose to be... half of the info isnt right either in the 787's case...

chris, i couldnt upload them without having number in the field so the cargo and max zero fuel weights are completely made up since they havent been published yet.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

alemaobaiano
Captain

Post by alemaobaiano » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:30 pm

What happened to the quest for more realism?

We go from only being able to have aircraft in actual commercial service to being able to have aircraft that don't even exist :roll: There are three models of the 787 now in the database, and it hasn't even flown yet, and two versions that are only likely to enter service, if at all, in 2013-2016? Likewise the 748 hasn't flown either, but we can still buy one? There isn't even accurate data for these aircraft, so why are they available?

I have no idea why the admins felt the overwhelming urge to take this path, but when most users are crying out for more realism they take the opposite path and allow fictitious aircraft :roll: The B787-3 and -9 are not even prototypes, they quite simply DO NOT EXIST. I didn't see anything wrong with the way it was, and we have happily been waiting for the A330-300F to enter service, but now it seems that you can have anything you like as long as a company somewhere thought about it.

TTFN

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:19 pm

alemaobaiano wrote:What happened to the quest for more realism?

We go from only being able to have aircraft in actual commercial service to being able to have aircraft that don't even exist :roll: There are three models of the 787 now in the database, and it hasn't even flown yet, and two versions that are only likely to enter service, if at all, in 2013-2016? Likewise the 748 hasn't flown either, but we can still buy one? There isn't even accurate data for these aircraft, so why are they available?

I have no idea why the admins felt the overwhelming urge to take this path, but when most users are crying out for more realism they take the opposite path and allow fictitious aircraft :roll: The B787-3 and -9 are not even prototypes, they quite simply DO NOT EXIST. I didn't see anything wrong with the way it was, and we have happily been waiting for the A330-300F to enter service, but now it seems that you can have anything you like as long as a company somewhere thought about it.

TTFN
read above. Chris said they werent suppose to be available for sale. it is a mistake and hasnt been fixed yet.
CAPFlyer wrote:In case there was any confusion - "Prototype" aircraft are NOT available for purchase except under very special circumstances. The category is simply to allow aircraft in testing to be added to the database in advance so it will be there when/if the aircraft enters service. If for some reason the program is canceled or fails to gain certification, then the aircraft type will be removed.

actually the 748's info is all 100% currect. the 748 is also about to be moved to the flight line for flight testing... it should be in service by begining of 2010

all that was suppose to happen was that they were to get added into the database so people would stop requesting them.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:10 pm

flightsimer wrote:just a quicky... but for the 225, is 75% the max status for it or just what you buy it at?
This is a bug in our code website because the 225 has six engines but MSFS only supports 4, I will be making a fix for this shortly.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

alemaobaiano
Captain

Post by alemaobaiano » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:53 pm

actually the 748's info is all 100% currect. the 748 is also about to be moved to the flight line for flight testing... it should be in service by begining of 2010
The beginning of 2010? IF all goes well during the flight testing the first freighter is due to enter service 3rd quarter 2010, the first passenger aircraft in "early 2011". As for the 748 data being 100% correct, apart from the fact that they haven't flown the thing yet, why on the BCA site is the F listed with a range of 8000km when in the database here it is 8000nm? Quite a difference, wouldn't you say?
all that was suppose to happen was that they were to get added into the database so people would stop requesting them.
Pointless exercise really, especially as Chris does say that they are available for purchase under "very special circumstances". None of these types will be in service for 12 months or so and the other 787 variants won't even be flying for 5-10 years, so why add them now? It won't stop anyone asking for one, and will probably only make the situation worse as they can see them on the database but can't actually have one.

TTFN

conmanflyer

Post by conmanflyer » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:22 pm

Eastern Connection is the first airline to buy and operate the 787-800... i have made only one flight in it so far... but it was a success, and i boast a earning of 10.5 million! http://www.fsairlines.net/index.php5?st ... 30&p=20428

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:13 pm

alemaobaiano wrote:
The beginning of 2010? IF all goes well during the flight testing the first freighter is due to enter service 3rd quarter 2010, the first passenger aircraft in "early 2011". As for the 748 data being 100% correct, apart from the fact that they haven't flown the thing yet, why on the BCA site is the F listed with a range of 8000km when in the database here it is 8000nm? Quite a difference, wouldn't you say?
and look at the 777-200LRF, and every other frieghter in here. you dont put the max payload range you put the max fuel range. the 747-8F holds 3300 gallons less than the -8I. its max range is just under 7600nm based on the same burn rates as the -8I. those figures boeings gives are for a full load of cargo, not a full load of fuel.
As is common with cargo planes, range is given with maximum payload, not fuel. The 747-8's 65,000 lb (29,000 kg) MTOW increase has been directed exclusively to its Zero-Fuel weight or payload capacity. If taking off at maximum payload, the 747-8 takes off with its tanks not full. On trips where the payload is not at maximum, the plane can take on more fuel and extend its range.
they wouldnt be allowed to extend their range if they werent already certified to do so. so the max range on the certificate is going to be around 7600nm. will a cargo company ever operate it on that length of a route? 9.5 times out of 10, they wont, because thats not how they are set up.

as for the delivery, yes your right, i forgot about the delay they had last year which put it into Q3 10
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:52 pm

I'll say this again and put it in bold since no one seems to be able to read it -

PROTOTYPE/EXPERIMENTAL AIRCRAFT WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE EXCEPT FOR VERY SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES.

Anyone who currently has a 797-3, 787-8, 787-9, 747-8I, 747-8F, or a Sukhoi Superjet 100, will have their monies refunded, the aircraft removed from the fleet, and any flights done with the aircraft deleted. I apologize for the mixup, but it appears there was a bug in our system which allowed them to be purchased when they should not have been.

conmanflyer

Post by conmanflyer » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:16 pm

can i be the launch customer for the 787-800 though? i enjoy the plane... like can you send me a message when it FINNALY comes out? or can we (the purchaser) still keep them in our fleet but grounded?

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:27 pm

All aircraft that were purchased due to a bug in the system will be removed and the money refunded. We cannot and will not declare anyone a "launch customer" for such aircraft. We will simply switch them from "Prototype" to "Commercial" once they enter service.

As an interim (and I know this will mess up some people's finances a lot) I have grounded everyone's fleets of these aircraft and deleted any completed flights. We will work quickly to remove the aircraft and refund the money, please give us a little time to complete this. I apologize for the problems it will cause some VA's, but we have to work quickly on locking everything down to prevent it from getting worse and causing even more problems.