new aircrafts

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: new aircrafts

Post by joefremont » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:32 am

The problem should be fixed now. As Chris stated, the aircraft were deleted and the airlines all got full refunds. All flights by these aircraft were deleted as well. We are very sorry about this.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:47 pm

joefremont wrote:
flightsimer wrote:just a quicky... but for the 225, is 75% the max status for it or just what you buy it at?
This is a bug in our code website because the 225 has six engines but MSFS only supports 4, I will be making a fix for this shortly.
This problem should be fixed now.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:57 pm

Thanks Joe,
My An225 has now gone up to what it should be.
Yours Stan

Tom JP
Ticket Agent

Post by Tom JP » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:34 am

When did the rules change regarding the request for 'special aircraft'? After allowing these aircraft into the game it now seems that fsairlines is restricting their use to a small 'club' - a privileged few - who can use them, while everyone else looks on in envy. Backtracking a couple of months through the forum threads, it's pretty clear that this was not what was originally intended - they were supposed to be available to all with their use limited only by how many exist in the real world.

Now, an airline must have a minimum of 5 active pilots, so that single pilot airlines with high multipliers can't have an unfair financial advantage operating a special use aircraft when compared to a large airline with a lower multiplier. Fair enough in theory - but the simple fact that the Beluga is LESS capable and much more expensive than the plane it's developed from (the A300-600F, available to all) seems to be over-looked, or conveniently ignored - and also makes the 'unfair' argument total nonsense.

Another reason given is it's deemed to unfair to allow a 1 pilot airline a special plane, as a large airline must share a limited number of those special planes between a lot of pilots. Looking a the real-life numbers though, since a 5 pilot airline is allowed to own 5 belugas (as 5 real ones exist), why can't a 1 pilot airline own 1 beluga?

I brought this to the forum as my support ticket on the same subject was closed down without my question actually being answered.
1. Can a Beluga be owned by an airline with a very low multiplier (x25 or less), if there are less than 5 pilots?
2. With the previous question in mind, if not - why can a 5 pilot airline own 5 belugas, when a 1 pilot airline cannot even own one?
3. How can the profit/multiplier/fairness argument be used when the Beluga isn't actually as capable as it's rivals?

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:30 am

The rules changed after we put several aircraft on the market to VA's that couldn't afford them, and then realized that some of the "special use" aircraft, like the AN-225, could create a LARGE imbalance for 1 man airlines with little assets by taking advantage of the 1000x multiplier. In addition, we realized that these smaller airlines didn't have as much "problem" when they had 1 pilot and 1 AN-225 as a VA with more than 1 of these aircraft.

We are not going to have rules that apply for only a single aircraft (like the AN-225). The rules will be applied equally to all of a certain category of aircraft. This is how we've been doing it since well before "special use" became a part of FSAirlines.

I already explained this to you. It does you no favor to attempt to curry favor and pity by whining about it here.