Reduction signature size on IVAO forum

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

ericje
Ticket Agent

Reduction signature size on IVAO forum

Post by ericje » Wed May 20, 2009 6:57 am

Hello all,

I use my FSA signature picture also in my signature of the IVAO forum. Rules @ IVAO are that pictures in the sig can be up to 300x75 pixels, but the FSA pic is 400x90. These rules will be more strictly enforced from May 1st 2009, with a suspension from the forum as possible "punishment".
For now, this is solved in my sig by adding [image width = 300], but that makes the text badley readable.

Would it be an idea to create a new (or an additional) signature picture that fits IVAO rules?

Other option is to leave the FSA picture out, but I think it's a nice advertisement ;).
It is the reason why I ended up with FSA, anyway...

Any ideas?
Eric-Jan

ericje
Ticket Agent

Re: Reduction signature size on IVAO forum

Post by ericje » Mon May 25, 2009 12:03 pm

I could give it a go myself, if someone would point me to some documentation on how to make the picture "dynamic".
Are this actually a couple of different pictures, depending on the flight state? If so, then how do I namme those pictures so that they get called correctly?

AdmiralRolfe
Captain

Post by AdmiralRolfe » Tue May 26, 2009 2:02 am

I'm guessing the signature is created from data from the servers, so the only way to truely make it dynamic is to link information to the servers (which in most cases won't happen). Currently it's a single picture, which means the server is probably handling the piecing together portions.

If Konny has some spare time, he may be able to create a smaller signature.
ImageImage

ericje
Ticket Agent

Post by ericje » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:52 pm

Yes, it's either that or it is actually not just one picture, but secretly a series of pictures. Then, when the signature picture gets called for, some smart software first checks the server and copies the applicable one from the series over the filename that is actually used to represent the picture (am I still making sense?). Much like the way the IVAO status indicator is built up.

Either way, I am perfectly willing and able to put in some time to create a (multi-layered) template for a sig-pic, but I would need to know the boundary conditions first, of cause.

For me, it's not a high priority thing, this signature size, 'cause I already have an interim solution. But it would be nice to have a nice PR thinghy for FSA that attracts attention instead of being just a little too small to be read. Just my opinion, feel free to disagree ;)